Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

what is the right time to begin the nursery? clicky poll

I'm wondering what people think....I have friends that are very superstitious and tell me it's bad luck to do it before 30 weeks or so...what do you think is the appropriate time? 

[poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what is the right time to begin the nursery? clicky poll

• Options
    I don't do the whole "luck" thing, but I voted for 20-30 weeks b/c it's typically the time women feel the best, aren't too awkward to maneuver, and are past the biggest risks of losing the baby like in early pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EMTXEMTX member
    I voted 20-30 because that's when most people find out the sex (if they want to know).

We decorated immediately after finding out!

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i started at 18 and was done by 23 weeks!

• Options

I am having twins & started looking at furniture around 13-14 weeks, knowing it could take up to 12 weeks to come in. I'm very glad that I did b/c I ended up on bedrest at 26 weeks and thankfully the furniture was all in & I had the room painted already, so the decorating touches are the only thing missing but I'm not super stressed about that.

ETA: I'm not a big 'bad luck' person but I will admit that it made me nervous to order furniture so early & risk something happening & then I'd potentially be stuck with the furniture/reminder...?

• Options

Purchasing or not purchasing baby things is not going to change the outcome of your pregnancy so I think that whole "luck" think is ridiculous.  Like if you did buy something and something horrible happened these same people would say it was your fault b/c you bought something? How awful.

I said 13-20 weeks though simply b/c we started ordering things around 18 weeks. 

• Options

imageEMTX:
    I voted 20-30 because that's when most people find out the sex (if they want to know).

We decorated immediately after finding out!

Ditto. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I voted 20-30 weeks b/c I wanted to wait til my "big" u/s to start buying stuff, but I was thinking about what to buy since 16 weeks or so and that's when I actually started a registry online.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    I think as soon as you know the sex of the baby.  If you're not finding out, then start whenever you can- probably after 12 weeks.  Better to be prepared and have it done than wait and get stressed or stuck on bed rest later in pregnancy.
  • Options
    dang!  we are behind the curve!  our crib just came in today and we have yet to start painting the nursery!
  • Options

imageiuplori:
    I don't do the whole "luck" thing, but I voted for 20-30 weeks b/c it's typically the time women feel the best, aren't too awkward to maneuver, and are past the biggest risks of losing the baby like in early pregnancy. 

Ditto! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"