High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD- walking after meals

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with GD one week ago and have been making changes to diet and exercise routines. One of the things that I've hit on that seems to really help my numbers (i.e. going from the 140-165 range to the 95-105 range- crazy!) is walking for 20 minutes right after I eat. I have two dogs, so I either walk them around the neighborhood or walk on the treadmill. The pace isn't anything crazy, just walking as I normally would. I know we're all very different in terms of what techniques are helpful, but I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone is looking for something new to try.

Re: GD- walking after meals

• Options
    LOL... sometimes, if I feel as if I ate too many carbs for dinner or lunch, I'll vacuum the whole house, or do laundry (washer is in the basement), etc... and it pretty much does the same thing.
  • Options
    Yep, exercise really helps to move that sugar out to be used as energy. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya cleaning actually does it for me every time!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Walking has been the thing for me too!  I take DS on a walk every morning after breakfast and then we take a family walk after dinner most nights.  It's been really nice.  My lunch numbers aren't as great because I can rarely get out for a walk then (that's usually playdate or errand time).
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

We joined a gym and I can pretty much eat anything I want for dinner on the nights we go and my sugars will be about 75. When I say anything I mean anything. One example yesterday for a late lunch (about 4 o'clock) I ate a double meat whataburger and large fries, 2 hours later after hitting the gym for 40 minutes my sugar was 109.

I can even do a buffet or pizza just as long as I do some activity afterward.

• Options

Yep, if I don't feel like walking, I at least try to clean/tidy/laundry.

It helps Big Smile

• Options
    I wish I could walk. I'm on modified bed rest due to placenta previa and my dr. said I couldn't exercise every day. I do some cleaning but once again is very limited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"