Breastfeeding

EPing and going back to work

Did you find it easier when you were back at work?  It's tough for me to fit all of my pumping into the day, so I'm hoping it will get a little easier once I'm back to work.  I'm lucky, my office has a lactation room with a comfy rocker (and if DS doesn't stop waking 3-4 times a night, I'll be sleeping in there too!!)

Re: EPing and going back to work

• For me, EPing is soo much easier when I'm at work, I actually look forward to pumping b/c I can get a break and relax.  I also do not feel as bad pumping at work compared to when I'm at home.  It's hard when I'm at home alone with DS and it's time to pump. 

When I went back to work at 6 weeks pp I was pumping 7 times a day.  I've very gradually cut back and now pumping 4 times a day (30 minutes each time) with only 1 of the pumps at work.  I have been able to pump more BM each day than what DS drinks so I'm also continually adding to my freezer stash. 

I found it beneficial to have several sets of pump parts so I didn't have to wash at work. 

• BennyLBennyL member

I look forward to pumping at work as well. It makes me feel close to DS even though he is at daycare and I'm at work. It also gives me little breaks from my stressful job. And I never ever have time to read all those books with tips for working moms...like Milk Memos. Now, I am reading them while pumping...

And by the way, you are blessed beyond belief to have a lactation room at your office! I'm just in someone's office...not sure what I will do when she returns to work.

Have you read: https://www.workandpump.com/gettingstarted.htm

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • BennyLBennyL member
    I nurse DS at nights and sometimes in the mornings before going to work.
  • akayfakayf member
    For me, it sucked.   I'm a teacher so the only time I was able to pump at work was either at lunch or during my so called free period...but I always had so much work to get done or a meeting so trying to find a couple minutes to pump was so stressful.   My supply tanked and I called it quits at around 8 months
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"