North Carolina Babies

Healing after a major accident?

Has anyone every been in a major car accident or something similar? It will be almost 2 months since my accident and I am still in a lot of pain. My foot/ankle is still swollen and I feel like an old lady after sitting for a while or getting up after sleeping. I just wonder how long this pain is going to be with me, if it is something that will affect my leg all my life. All but 2 wounds are healed, but I have major scarring. It totally sucks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Healing after a major accident?

• I haven't been in an accident like that, but I did hurt myself falling down the stairs about 5 years ago.  It took right at a year for that pain to go away.  I couldn't believe how long it took.  I remember feeling like an old lady too.  It was so hard to get out of bed, and even driving was miserable for me.  Has your doctor suggested any physical therapy to help you out?
  • The only thing I can compare it to is my tailbone pain following labor and delivery. It is still really bothersome 6 weeks later. So I feel your frustration when it comes to the pain not going away and feeling incapacitated as a result. All I can say is that I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never been in an accident but my dh's physical therapist keeps reminding my dh that his healing is a marathon not a sprint and it will take time. He is looking at least a 16 week recovery after ACL surgery and likely it will be longer than that for him to be back to 100%. Hang in there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"