Baby Showers
Options

When to register?

I will be 25 weeks at my shower (I did not pick the date!)  The hostess wants to have it at her house, outside on her deck and backyard, and we live in Michigan - she fears any later than mid-late September, the weather will be too unpredictable.

Does it take long to register?  I haven't done any research on any baby items yet, have no idea what I want to put on my registry, and obviously won't know what I'm having until a 4-5 weeks before the shower.  Should I just wait until we find out the gender? 

Re: When to register?

• Options

I wouldn't wait, it is easy to add items online after your initial registration. I went with a friend of mine who recently had a baby and scanned a bunch of things at BRU, her help was invaluable.

I didn't register for clothes because people will get you those anyway and the other items like bath products, safety things, diapers, sheets and decor items, car seat, stroller etc. are pretty gender neutral.Then late,r when you find out the gender, you can add or change items.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did wait until I knew the gender.  I did a lot of research (Baby Bargains) before we went.  I know how DH is so we went to the 2 places we registered & just did the big things that he would want a say on: stroller, car seats, highchair, etc.  It took about an hour in each store.  Later I went back & added the things DH doesn't care about: feeding stuff, sheets, Boppy, etc.  I have also added things online as they are recommended or I think of things I may have forgotten.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My shower will be in MI outside on a deck as well!  How fun.

I started my registry on-line about 2 months ago, but went in the store last week to finish it up.  My shower is on the 16th of July.  

You can start doing research now on car seats, carriers, strollers, and baby necessities then pick out the colors later.  Actually registering takes only about 1-2 hours, but you really want to be prepared before you go in.  Make a list, look on-line and get realistic advice on what you should be registering for.  The lists they give you when you register have way to many extras that you don't really need. 

• Options
    lkichlkich member
    Register now, you can go to BRU and they will give you oodles of suggestions. It's super easy to add/delete and update online. Also, they say not to register for clothes until about 2 weeks before your shower since they change over so often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"