Preemies
Options

~*~Mad Mondays!~*~

It's Mad Monday ladies! Feel free to post vents, silly comments people have made recently, or ridiculous stories that we can all relate to! Even post little things that might bother you to get them off your chest! Any responses should be flame free of course. Wink

So go on, tell us what's got you mad! Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ~*~Mad Mondays!~*~

• Options
    I have nothing recent to share but when DS was first born, before I got to see him, DH went to visit him in the NICU and came back to give me a full report. When I said "what does he look like?" he gave me this full report and said "and he's really hairy, just like you!" I was like "um, honey, that's lanugo and it's going to go away once he's term." I just thought it was funny he thought Marino was just super hairy (like me, no less).
  • Options

Lets see...how to condense the list of BS...

I had surgery on Tuesday and DH thinks he is helping around the house but come on does it take 3 days to do 3 loads of laundry

I hate seeing a walker and bedside toilet in my house brings back some horrible memories of not being able to walk for 5mths

This girl I know though my husband, he works with her hubby is also on the bumb and she post the craziest, meaniest most awful crap on various boards...mainly about her fear of having a preemie and I want to snap her neck.

I can't drive yet...UGGG means I can't go to the NICU and spend time with my LO by ourselves...FRUSTRATING

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel like everything made me a little mad this week!

DH and I were driving with Jackson and talking about how his due date was coming up (it's today). DH responds with, "oh good, he won't be a preemie anymore so now we can do normal stuff and take him more places." HELLO? Really now...how do I explain to him that DS is still a preemie?? I tried to correct him but he just kind of blew me off.

DH and I also had a major blowout over MIL. On the plus side we came up with a holiday schedule solution. Not everyone will like it (mainly MIL, my fam is flexible) but we compromised. On the downside DH used the phrase "you just need to get over it" in reference to his mom seeing LO in the NICU before me-yet again. Crying ensued, it was not fun. We made up but I am starting to resent him a little more now too...

Have to see MIL this weekend for 4th of July. I am bringing the Moby and being very selfish with holding Jackson as a compromise for going. I wasn't going to but DH talked me into it because his stepdad (who is really nice) hasn't held Jackson yet. Just thinking about being around MIL makes me want to pop an ativan (but of course I won't b/c I'll be holding Jackson!)

Probably flameworthy but I am still lacking an appetite, still upset about my OB's weight comments which were weeks ago, and struggling to get up to my 1200 calories while doing slimfast. And now my own mom is getting on my case about it and she is smaller than me so I just want to tell her to shove it. Though I love her dearly.

Whew, that is enough from me today!!

• Options

imageSBMBride406:
    I have nothing recent to share but when DS was first born, before I got to see him, DH went to visit him in the NICU and came back to give me a full report. When I said "what does he look like?" he gave me this full report and said "and he's really hairy, just like you!" I was like "um, honey, that's lanugo and it's going to go away once he's term." I just thought it was funny he thought Marino was just super hairy (like me, no less).

This gave me LOLs for the day! Big Smile

And nasmith882 I just read yours and it made me realize my complaints are really petty and I wish I lived nearby to help you out! I could use my nursing skills & my super cleaning skills all at once! I hope your recovery is speedy and you can drive yourself to the NICU by yourself SOON! 

• Options
    imagesarahkatherine8:

DH and I were driving with Jackson and talking about how his due date was coming up (it's today). DH responds with, "oh good, he won't be a preemie anymore so now we can do normal stuff and take him more places." HELLO? Really now...how do I explain to him that DS is still a preemie?? I tried to correct him but he just kind of blew me off.

You can share this little story with him and maybe he will get scared straight!

My DH was the same way. Once we brought Marino home (still a month before his due date), he felt like Marino was just like any other baby, only smaller. He thought my mom and I were ridiculous when we tried to tell him otherwise. 9 days after we brought Marino home, his mom had a party and DH and she were both pissed I wouldn't bring Marino. So, instead, they brought 10 family members to our house. 24 hours later, Marino started making little moaning sounds...we took him to the ER...within a few hours he was unconscious. He had Group B Strep (he could not have gotten this from me...I was on antibiotics for 5 weeks at this point for another illness and he was a c/s anyway), which turned into sepsis and then bacterial meningitis. We spent 14 days in the PICU and almost lost our boy.

That was the end of DH assumming Marino was just a tiny baby and the beginning of him taking "the rules" seriously.

• Options
    imagesarahkatherine8:

imageSBMBride406:

This gave me LOLs for the day! Big Smile

And nasmith882 I just read yours and it made me realize my complaints are really petty and I wish I lived nearby to help you out! I could use my nursing skills & my super cleaning skills all at once! I hope your recovery is speedy and you can drive yourself to the NICU by yourself SOON! 

Oh, I could use some help!!! I WISH!!! thank you so much.  BTW, we all have very valid gripes no ones is petty.  I might hire a cleaning lady for the next week or so, take it out of DH's spending cash and tell him it is his fault for "helping" if that is what he calls it LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Options

This is sorely needed today!  I'm so frustrated with all of the red tape in getting DS's therapy set up.  We started all this at the beginning of June and it will be the end of July when the PT eval is, the end of Sept when the OT eval is and who knows when the feeding evaluation will be!  Our pedi referred us to the wrong program!  So, now I am back at square one waiting for the referral for the feeding therapist so that it can get scheduled.

This is taking forever!!!!   I just want my little boy to get the help that he needs!!!!  I'm so sick of having to talk to everybody and his brother - just get it set up already!!!

• Options

warning - TMI....

i had my gallbladder out on 6/5 after about a month of feeling icky. i got an infection in my belly button (which is ridiculous) which hurts because it's right where my pants hit! the dr chose to throw every antibiodic under the sun at it, which means i ended up with a yeast infection. apparently he's not as willing to prescribe medicine that i know works because he would prefer i try monistat before giving me diflucan. and because not having a gallbladder goofs with your digestive system, i have a hemrhhoid as well. yeast infection + hemrhhoid = not very fun. and, of course, AF is due any minute.

i haven't felt "good" in about 2 months and i'm sick of it! but the good news is that the monistat (despite being uncomfortable) seems to be working along with my preparationH and the belly button is getting better every day. hopefully the end is in sight....

• Options
    imagekamcfarlane:

warning - TMI....

i had my gallbladder out on 6/5 after about a month of feeling icky. i got an infection in my belly button (which is ridiculous) which hurts because it's right where my pants hit! the dr chose to throw every antibiodic under the sun at it, which means i ended up with a yeast infection. apparently he's not as willing to prescribe medicine that i know works because he would prefer i try monistat before giving me diflucan. and because not having a gallbladder goofs with your digestive system, i have a hemrhhoid as well. yeast infection + hemrhhoid = not very fun. and, of course, AF is due any minute.

i haven't felt "good" in about 2 months and i'm sick of it! but the good news is that the monistat (despite being uncomfortable) seems to be working along with my preparationH and the belly button is getting better every day. hopefully the end is in sight....

O M G!!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

• Options

I am so damn sick and fed up with my little SIL's selfish, mean and thoughtless comments about being pregnant and how she rubs in that I wouldn't understand what she's going through at 36 weeks.  And all her really awful posts on her blog that call out, blast and shame people, especially her DH when she's the reason that people are treating her the way they are and avoiding her.  I'm so sick of her I could puke.  If she tells me one more time that I don't understand, that she's sooo miserable and wants this baby to come early because "now" is okay as he's "fully" developed I might slap her fat pregnant ass!

She wanted this pg and not her DH and he made this very clear.  Now he's doing the best he can and it's never ever good enough, even when she's not pg.  Who publicly bashes their hubby KNOWING that he and his coworkers and some family and friends read her blog??

She makes me sick.

• Options

After dropping my son off at preschool, Olivia and I went for some lovely shopping at Target.   We had great fun in the air conditioned store.  And then went out into the heat to go home.  I got in the car and lo and behold - the battery was DEAD.   We had to wait for AAA to come out.  Poor Olivia was sweating and huffing and puffing up a storm.   And it's not like I could give her any water (even if I had some).   Of course the battery or the car couldn't be restarted at all.     So Olivia and I got to walk home (we were only about 1/2 mile away) in the heat since we didn't want to pay the $130 for a battery. 

On the flip side - this lovely woman who was parked next to us actually offered to give us a ride home.  So sweet.  I declined but it was still so nice and unexpected.

• Options

This didn't make me mad because he was just a kid, but I had to tube feed Robbie in a restaurant today and a kid very loudly asked his mom "WHAT'S SHE DOING?"

*sigh* I had no idea how to react. If they'd been closer, I probably would have answered him, but they were about 3 tables away and I'd have had to yell like he did.

I'd really like my kid to eat normally. Is that so much to ask?

• Options

I have PCOS. A strange form of it, because instead of not having periods, I bleed all the g0damned time. It's disgusting.  I also have a hemangioma on my liver, which means I can't take BCP.  The constant bleeding puts me at higher risk of endometrial cancer, and having huge, inflamed ovaries all the time puts me at higher risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

Today, my GYN suggested I get a hysterectomy.

My brain knows that this is the right thing to do. I need to get those horrible parts removed so they can't make me sick, and so the freaking bleeding will stop for once and for all. An it will be pretty nice to not be terrified of an oops pregnancy.

Buuut.... I'm not 100% sure that we're done having kids. I am DESPERATE to go through a healthy pregnancy, and to hear my baby cry in the delivery room. This desire haunts me every single day. But I am so, so scared of having another preemie that I don't think I could ever risk getting pregnant again. I should be happy that the decision is being made for me, but I'm heartbroken today. 

• Options
    Oh Mrs.D, that's so awful. ((((((HUG)))))))) I'm so sorry you're going through all of that.
  • Options
    imageMrs. Destructo:

I have PCOS. A strange form of it, because instead of not having periods, I bleed all the g0damned time. It's disgusting.  I also have a hemangioma on my liver, which means I can't take BCP.  The constant bleeding puts me at higher risk of endometrial cancer, and having huge, inflamed ovaries all the time puts me at higher risk of breast and ovarian cancer.

Today, my GYN suggested I get a hysterectomy.

My brain knows that this is the right thing to do. I need to get those horrible parts removed so they can't make me sick, and so the freaking bleeding will stop for once and for all. An it will be pretty nice to not be terrified of an oops pregnancy.

Buuut.... I'm not 100% sure that we're done having kids. I am DESPERATE to go through a healthy pregnancy, and to hear my baby cry in the delivery room. This desire haunts me every single day. But I am so, so scared of having another preemie that I don't think I could ever risk getting pregnant again. I should be happy that the decision is being made for me, but I'm heartbroken today. 

OMG!  This is such horrible news, I'm so sorry.  And I am right there with you on the having more babies thing.  ((BIG HUGS))

• Options
    imagepreemieparent:

After dropping my son off at preschool, Olivia and I went for some lovely shopping at Target.   We had great fun in the air conditioned store.  And then went out into the heat to go home.  I got in the car and lo and behold - the battery was DEAD.   We had to wait for AAA to come out.  Poor Olivia was sweating and huffing and puffing up a storm.   And it's not like I could give her any water (even if I had some).   Of course the battery or the car couldn't be restarted at all.     So Olivia and I got to walk home (we were only about 1/2 mile away) in the heat since we didn't want to pay the $130 for a battery. 

On the flip side - this lovely woman who was parked next to us actually offered to give us a ride home.  So sweet.  I declined but it was still so nice and unexpected.

Ugh, that's awful.  Olivia is such a trooper!  I hope the car's working now.

• Options
    imagelstaylor73:

I am so damn sick and fed up with my little SIL's selfish, mean and thoughtless comments about being pregnant and how she rubs in that I wouldn't understand what she's going through at 36 weeks.  And all her really awful posts on her blog that call out, blast and shame people, especially her DH when she's the reason that people are treating her the way they are and avoiding her.  I'm so sick of her I could puke.  If she tells me one more time that I don't understand, that she's sooo miserable and wants this baby to come early because "now" is okay as he's "fully" developed I might slap her fat pregnant ass!

She wanted this pg and not her DH and he made this very clear.  Now he's doing the best he can and it's never ever good enough, even when she's not pg.  Who publicly bashes their hubby KNOWING that he and his coworkers and some family and friends read her blog??

She makes me sick.

I have to agree, people like this bother me so much. And seriously, why would you keep your blog public when you talk about IRL people that can read it???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"