Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery progress. PIP, opinions please!

Here is what we have of our nursery so far. We are wanting to get a tree decal to place either behind the left side of the crib, or behind the changing table (not shown since we don't actually have that yet). My question is, with the white furniture, would it look better to do a brown tree or a white tree? I'm thinking brown, so it's not an overload of white. TIA!

The link will take you to my blog with the nursery pictures. https://tinyurl.com/md26lm

Re: Nursery progress. PIP, opinions please!

• I think it looks very cute! we have the same valances, but used the whole bedding set that went with it!

my opinion is to go with a brown tree! :)

• That's very cute!  I think I would go with a brown tree :)
    Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks great! I love your name choice too, my oldest is a Mason!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • looks great! where is your chair from?
  • we have white furniture and a brown tree decal and i love the way it looks. i posted some pictures of our nursery a few posts down if you want to see :) cute room!
  • imagemightyq:
    looks great! where is your chair from?

The glider and ottoman came from BRU. It was the Rock a Bye Modern Square Back. Super comfy!

• I would do a white tree.  I feel like if you went with a brown tree it would end up competing with the white crib instead of having the effect of tying in some of the other brown items in the room (which is what I think you'd be going for). 

Additionally, I feel like the room lacks a focal point--you've already got so many different elements in the room (the circles, stripes, the colors, etc.) that the eye wanders all over and doesn't have anywhere to land.  I think that adding the white tree to the white crib would build up the area and provide the focal point. 

• Your nursery is soo cute!! I love it
  • I'm thinking white tree, but either would work fine.  Cute nursery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageljlkm:

I would do a white tree.  I feel like if you went with a brown tree it would end up competing with the white crib instead of having the effect of tying in some of the other brown items in the room (which is what I think you'd be going for). 

Additionally, I feel like the room lacks a focal point--you've already got so many different elements in the room (the circles, stripes, the colors, etc.) that the eye wanders all over and doesn't have anywhere to land.  I think that adding the white tree to the white crib would build up the area and provide the focal point. 

i agree with this!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"