Preemies

How do your LO behave after shots?

My LO got his 2mth shots yesterday and he is so sleepy.  It worries me but the nurses tell me that every baby reacts differently...How did/do your LO act after they get shots? TIA
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image

Re: How do your LO behave after shots?

• His 2 month shots were in the NICU (not at his due date yet) and I really didn't notice any difference.

His 4 months shots were hellacious. He screamed and cried and didn't sleep for more than about 15 minutes at a time for about 30 hours.

His 6 month shots, I had split up into 2 bunches because of the 4 month experience and he was a little sleepy after the first set and a little whiny after the 2nd set, but nothing major.

• My lo had her 2months shot right after she got home.  She was very sleepy the day after also.

• Loading the player...
  • DS was sleepy for 3 days after his 2 month shots.  He just had his 6 month a couple weeks ago and he was only sleepy for 1 day, so I guess he is adjusting to it.
  • After each set of shots, Marino usually sleeps the majority of the day. He doesn't get terribly fussy, but I just let him sleep it off.

I wanted to respond to something you said in your post below about being not feeling like a good mom. When Marino was in the NICU, I thought I was the worst, most clueless mom in the world. I still felt like that when he was home and my mom was there with me all the time. But once it was just he and I all day, we really got to know each other and very quickly I learned to read him and his needs. Once he gets home, you will find it doesn't matter what you know about babies in general, you will know your own baby better than anyone else in the world and that's all you need to know. It will happen for you...just wait until you have your boy home with you.

• DS was sleepy after most of his. 

Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • DS was the same.  He got his shots in the am and was sleepy for the rest of the day.  He would wake up to eat and we gave him some tylenol and the rest of the time, he's sleeping.  Pedi said this was to be expected.  Not sure if it was from the shots or the tylenol.

He was back to normal the next day.

• imageSBMBride406:

I wanted to respond to something you said in your post below about being not feeling like a good mom. When Marino was in the NICU, I thought I was the worst, most clueless mom in the world. I still felt like that when he was home and my mom was there with me all the time. But once it was just he and I all day, we really got to know each other and very quickly I learned to read him and his needs. Once he gets home, you will find it doesn't matter what you know about babies in general, you will know your own baby better than anyone else in the world and that's all you need to know. It will happen for you...just wait until you have your boy home with you.

can I say thank you a GIZILLION times...all the positive vibes and advice you have sent me have been a God send.  You seem to say the right thing when I really need it.  You truely have gotten me though this weekend...I don't know what I would have done with out you ladies and deff you SBMbride406.  This has been such a hard road and I really feel like no one gets it but you all.  I sit here crying...and for once...they are happy tears.  You have lifted my spirt so much.  Today is better then yesterday and yesterday was better then they day before.  I finally feel excited to know that my LO will be home in 4 weeks at the long end.  THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!  Everytime I see a reply post from you I perk up...and it really helps to see the the happy healthy siggy of Mario...LOVE YOU!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • SO SORRY!!!

Marino LOL please forgive me

• she was in a horrible rotten mood for like 3 days each time. i wish i had advice or better experiences.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"