TTC after 35
Options

Hello

I've posted a few times on the TTCAL board but I've been reading here too.  I've read a few posts here that really hit a chord with me so I thought I'd see if I could join the gang here.

A little intro - I'm 39 and my husband and I will be married 5 years this Aug.  We started trying late last year when everything was "perfect".  I'm sure most reading know how that goes!  We just bought a house, he's settled in a new career that would enable me to give mine up (at least for a few years).  I got pregnant quick and then miscarried at about 7 weeks.  Due to my elderly status lol I was referred right to a RE.  He ordered a lot of blood tests and while waiting for the right time for the HSG I got pregnant again.  And lost it right away.   I really lost all hope and assumed that every test we did would just eventually prove that I would never have a child.  I was pretty down really on edge.  My dr. saw what he believed to be endometriosis on the xray and I had the surgery done a few days ago.  Much to my surprise - it was bad enough that he believes that to have been the cause.  I'm happy and stunned and I think we may still be "in the game".

I read a post here last week from someone who was asking when enough would be enough.  She said that she had really become too focused on what she didn't have - I really feel the same way.  I was doped up the other day watching "Bride Wars" and I kept thinking of that post.  5 years ago I married my Prince Charming and I've just been so mired in what I'm missing that I lost sight of what I have.  So I'm really glad I'm able to see and hear what other people are going through.  It helps.  And today I read another post about how tiring it is TTC.  It is.  It sort of swallows you whole.  I have some time off to recover physically, but I'm really going to try and get my head together as well.  Admit that I've been through a tough time and spend some time just thinking.

So if there's room for one more here I'd be happy to pop in and share some of my stuff and learn what I can from you guys.  Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello

• Options

Welcome!  Your journey has been heart breaking.  The ladies on this board are great....and have taught me alot.  I am rather new here and just starting with the TTTC.  I wish you all the best and hope you get a BFP soon.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk off the board:)!

• Options

I am sorry for your losses.

Welcome to the board. This is indeed a great group of ladies!

Good to hear that the endo was looked after. I hope your journey to  BFP is a short one, in the meantime - again welcome :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome!  In my opinion, this is my favorite TTC-type board.  It's so nice that we are all around the same age!

I hear exactly what you are saying, I am 39 too and I do totally feel lucky to have what I have and a baby would just add to our happiness.  I don't miss what I never really had and if it doesn't happen for us, I am at peace with it. 

G/L to you!  Hopefully your next pg will stick!

• Options

I am sorry for your struggles. But at the the same time welcome you to this wonderful place. It truly is a great place for sharing, support, iand info. May your stay here be short!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    Hi!  I am so sorry for your losses!  Thank you for sharing your story and welcome!
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear about your losses.  That is always something that is difficult to deal with, but I'm glad to hear your RE thinks taking care of your endo might be the key to helping you have a sticky baby.

Welcome and best of luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Welcome to a great board! ?Everyone here is so nice and supportive!
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Sorry to hear about your losses. Sounds like you have found the problem and hope you are on your way to a sticky BFP.

Welcome and good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What a nice post.  Good luck to you.  I hope the surgery corrects all your problems. 
  • Options

Hello and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story with us! I am so sorry for your losses, yet happy they were able to discover the endometriosis. This is a great board and we are happy to have you :-)

• Options
    I agree with pp that this is the best of all the TTC boards. The ladies on here are GREAT!! Welcome and I hope your stay is short!
  • Options

Thank you for sharing your story.  You did a nice job summarizing how many of us probably feel...thanks for putting it into words.

Good luck...I hope your stay here is short.

• Options

Thank you for sharing your story, and welcome! This board is full of an amazing bunch of women with loads of knowledge!

I do hope your stay here is short!

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses.  Welcome & good luck!
  • Options
    DochasDochas member

Thanks everyone!  I do like this board.  I think some of the others are almost too active.  I can't post from work and it seems like if you're not there every day you can't really participate.  You guys are so strong and caring - a great group!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"