Savanna attacked Eli. It was terrible. I was in the bathroom and had the door shut. DH, Eli and Savanna were all in the bedroom playing. Eli was trying to get the bathroom door open and Savanna went up and sat down behind him. Apparently he didn't like that, so he tried to push her out of the way. Before DH could stop him she had him on the floor biting at him. She tore up the back of his head and shoulders. And of course I'm in the bathroom freaking out. So we took him to the ER because he was bleeding really badly. Thankfully there are only 2 puncture wounds on his head, and his back is just really scratched up and bruised. He didn't need stitches, and they didn't have to shave his head (which you know I was so relieved).
Unfortunately this means we can't have Savanna anymore. If you remember, she got after him one time before, but didn't hurt him. So we have been really careful to not let him bother her, and make sure they each respect each other. Things have been going really well and she hadn't shown any signs of aggression. But there was absolutely no warning last night, and DH was sitting right there with them. The amount of damage she did in just those 2 seconds is terrifying. We just can't have her in the house anymore, and I will not keep her outside or caged up all the time, that would be a miserable life for her. She is just too agressive to have around kids. So we have to decide what to do. I was sick to my stomach last night just thinking about it. I don't think we can re-home her, because I just can't take the chance that she'll hurt another child, and even childless people have kids in their house sometimes. And I'm also afraid she'll be abused, because she is so hard headed and aggressive. The only two options are if someone we know is willing to take her in, or have her put down.
DH's parents might take her, and just keep her outside or caged when Eli is over. And my grandmother might take her, and again keep her up if kids are over. Hopefully one of those will come through, because I really don't like our other option. But Eli is doing ok, he's just pretty beat up. He's on antibiotics and Motrin. And he can't go swimming for 2 weeks! We're going to the beach this weekend, so hopefully they'll ok some ocean playing. I have to take him back in to the pedi tomorrow to make sure it's healing ok. And he's not afraid of Savanna, which was another one of my concerns.
We took pics, but I won't post them. And we'll be getting a call from animal control, but since she's current on her shots we don't have to quarantine her or anything. Other than that just treating Eli's wounds and trying to find a solution for the dog. My heart is so broken.