TTC after 35
Options

Not sure PG is sticking:(

I tested at 13dpo and got 2 strong lines.  Test line was lighter but it was fairly dark.  AF was due to arrive at 15dpo and still has not arrived.  But I took a test today at 18dpo and got two lines but the test light is really light. It's more what I expecyed to get at 13dpo.  I know with my DD that when I took a 2nd test at 18dpo I got 2 very strong dark pink lines. 

Trying to be optimistic but fighting myself to be realistic too:(

Re: Not sure PG is sticking:(

• Options

Sending sticky dust your way.

Did you use a different brand of test? Or one from a new box?  Maybe that is why the line was lighter.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The test was from the same box as my BFP.  The only wierd thing was that the control line was not a perfect rectangle...it had wavy lines on the side.  So maybe it's defective?  I have a standing appt with OB for a couple of months.  It's this Thursday, so I will go to that.  I may buy more tests.  I don't know.  It's like I want to know if I have a viable PG but I also just want to go on thinking I'm fine...but I want to know the truth.  Mind games...hate them.  Happy, sad...not sure what I am.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They say...."a line is a line".

I hope that is is sticky...keep us updated. Sorry it's not totally clear.

• Options

I'm sure you're pg. A line is a line. If it will make you feel better go buy a couple of digitals. I like the CBE and FR Gold Digital.  The time you need to be concerned is if you start bleeding (bright red).

::Xine backs up a truck load of sticky dust on BCN::

• Options
    Thanks guys:)
  • Options

I'm not sure if this helps but the only time I got a dark line was the first day I got my BFP w/ DS. I tested every morning for the next 5 days (I had tests to burn-LOL) and the line actually got lighter! Weird.

GL!!!

Momma to three boys: Henry - 4yo Alex - 18mo Jack - born 2/23/12 at 20w due to ruptured uterus (previa and accreta resulting in hysterectomy) He only lived here on Earth for an hour, but he will live in our hearts forever. m/c #1: sept '09, m/c #2: july '10
  • Options
    The hue of the line doesn't determine how pg you are...a line only determines that you ARE pg.  So, my advice?  Stop POAS or at least get a digital so you're not analyzing how dark or light the line is...and get to the doc's to confirm your pg with a blood test!  Good luck and hang in there!
  • Options

I really think that if you are getting a line you are OK.  I had an issue (CP last cycle) with a positive and then some negatives, but I only got positives on digitals and NOTHING on any tests with lines.  The whole week, NO LINES.  If you are getting a line, it could just be the concentration of your urine that is causing the lines to vary.

Do you have a doctor's appointment for blood tests?  My doctors don't typcially do them, but because I was so concerned (read: cried on the phone and in the office) they did a couple for me.

Good luck!  ::lots of vibes coming your way::

• Options

Thanks again for your responses.  I learned some things that are making feel much much better about my faint line:) 

Hoping baby sticks! 

• Options
    I'll send you lots of sticky dust and hope there are just varying circumstances to cause the lines to vary.  That is why I always prefer to go digital when I test!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    My advice is to stop testing and get a blood test. You'll drive yourself crazy with those tests. I tested 3 times and the lines weren't getting darker and then I said screw it and got a blood test. That's the only way you'll know for sure and if it's positive you can relax and throw away those HPTs. Good luck!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    sending sticky dust!
  • Options
    Good luck...sending sticky dist and lost of positive vibes your way.  I agree with the other posters who suggest that a "line is a line".  I'd say you're still in the game!!!
  • Options

Hi BCN68,

This happened to me with my DD. I took several test after I got my BFN at 13DPO and the lines were very faint compared to the bold line on the 13th day. I purchased the CBE digital test and it confirmed my BFP.. 

GL, I'm sure you will have a healthy 9 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"