Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

NBR- organic/healthy food eatin' gals

I'm thowing this whole budget-grocery, grocery game playing crap out the window for now. We have got to start eating better at my house. I picked up a cookbook that tons of friends have raved about and several of the recipes are brand-specific and I don't want to have to go a million places for ingredients.

What do you recommend?

Central Market

Whole Foods

Market Street

Other?

Re: NBR- organic/healthy food eatin' gals

• It is really tough to say without knowing what brands/foods you are looking for, but Whole Foods is awesome, and of the three it has the best selection of organic and natural foods. I just wish there was one closer to me. It is my favorite grocery store by a mile. I like Central Market and Market Street too though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depending on where you are, there is also Sprouts. There isn't one terribly convenient for me, but it's a good smaller market choice too.

For organic, I agree with Jessibell on Whole Foods. Particularly for all the dry/canned goods, they'll have the best selection. Since you're looking for specific brands that might be your best bet.

• Loading the player...
  • We love Sprouts!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Depending on where you're located, I'd agree with pp recommendations for Sprouts, and I'd like to add my rec for Newflower. 
  • imagemandarod:

We love Sprouts!

We do too - but we could be slightly partial as Sprouts provides the majority of my family's income :) - they really do have good deals on locally grown stuff. I'm not all picky about organic on most things - but I do love fresh foods.?

?

• What's the cookbook?

Have your heard of sneaky chef?  It's a way of getting your family to eat additional veggies without them realizing it.  And really yummy too : )

• We're using the Hungry Girl 200 under 200. I think I'll try Sprouts &/or Market Street today since they are both closer to me. Tomorrow I might run by Whole Foods on my way home from work.

thanks for the rec's :)

• I don't buy 100% organic, but for things like fruit, veggies, and milk.  Target has a nice selection.  Their organic milk is pretty cheap.

Also Kroger has a nice selection of healthy/organic foods.

I've been to Whole Foods and Market Street and was not impressed.  THey are completely overcharging for the same items you can find at Target or Kroger...besides the meat.  I would get our meat at Market Street.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"