Stay at Home Moms
Options

Classes? Volunteering?

I have an 11 month old daughter and due with my second in September.  It's pretty hot outside, but she and I are both getting stir crazy. 

For those of you who have/had kiddos around this age, what kinds of things can she and I get involved in?  There's only so much walking around I can handle (I just got off bedrest and swollen up to high heavens, so walking for miles at the zoo or museums is just hard.. but okay once or twice a week).  

I'd like to get back into volunteering, but I"m not sure there are many baby-friendly opportunities.  Thoughts?

Re: Classes? Volunteering?

• Options
    Music classes, swimming lessons, storytime at your local library
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    We do storytime and MOMs Club events.  Check out a local moms club at www.momsclub.org.  GL!  I did swim lessons when DD1 was a year (a pool may be good for now), and she did gymnastics last fall too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been looking into volunteering at a local nursing home. ?They need someone to deliver mail to the residents. ?I was going to see if it was something Eva could do with me- I think the folks there would enjoy seeing her and she would get to interact with new people (she is very shy and I worry that she may freak out and we won't be able to complete the work though).

We also hit all the local libraries for their children's story hours. ?Barnes and Noble also has some throughout the summer. ?Good luck!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"