TTC after 35
Options

Hi! Advice I overheard

I just overheard someone giving this advice to someone in regards to getting pregnant:

'You have to be excited when you are having sex...if you aren't and are just having sex to get pregnant you won't get pregnant.'

In otherwords,according to this person, if the sex become routine you won't get pregnant. She claims it's true because she got pregnant after a night of drinking.

Hmm

How is everyone?  

Re: Hi! Advice I overheard

• Options

Hey Birdie! Doing pretty good on this end!  How are you??

So...what you're telling us is that we've been doing it wrong all this time??  Thank goodness these crazies are out there to set us straight!  HaHa! Gotta love it for a laugh!

On another note...I did have a woman at work tell me to "relax it will happen"...I didn't want to punch her though, because I know that some women just don't understand IF and she was trying to be helpful...she did slightly redeem herself by saying "you know they can do so many things nowadays and the doctors can do miracles for you".  I think she was just trying to be sweet & sincere...it's the ones who get all snarky about why I'm not pg yet that I want to kick in the shins!

Sorry for the post hijack! ;) I'm glad you're back with us...you were missed!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

LOL....well her advice if false.  I got PG on a scheduled only have samll amount of time til Auntie brings DD home kind of day...LOL.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So many armchair fertility experts..*sigh* Sad
  • Options
    What is the deal with people?  I just posted above my little "WTF" conversatio of the week above...
  • Options

Hijack away! 

I'm doing good.  I've lost 8lbs so far while doing weight watchers which makes me happy.  Party!!!

My mom is doing okay, you know, she has her bad and not so bad days..  She started a new chemo treatment  this week so we've been busy getting her back and forth to the Dr's.  The good thing about this treatment is that she doesn't have to go into the hospital for it.  She goes to her Dr's and we are in and out in one hour.   She also had a port put in so they don't have to keep stabbing her in the arm with a needle.  I can't wait until she is able to go out of the house to do something other than go to the Dr's.   I feel so bad for her that her days consist of Chemo and/or platelets. Hopefully this treatment will do the trick for her and get her energy back.

I love the advice that I get.  I especially love when it's given to me from someone who gets pregnant with the snap of a finger.  I know they all mean well, though.  

I do think it's funny when people genuinely believe the stuff they say, 'elevate your hips after you have sex..that's how I got pregnant' or 'just relax, that's how I got pregnat' yada yada

• Options
    imagebcn68:

LOL....well her advice if false.  I got PG on a scheduled only have samll amount of time til Auntie brings DD home kind of day...LOL.

That's what I was wonder...what about all those women who have to schedule it due to fertilitly meds or those doing IVF or IUI...how'd they get pregnant? Confused

• Options

Really? Good to know that we aren't doing it right. I love the unsolicited advice.  Here is some I got recently: 

A dear friend of mine said I should get a bottle of Boones Farm and go have the relations in the back of a car.  I gave her a perplexing look and then changed the subject. 

• Options

Damn, where was that advice 20 months ago?????

She's so smart.?

• Options
    imageitsmexine:

Really? Good to know that we aren't doing it right. I love the unsolicited advice.  Here is some I got recently: 

A dear friend of mine said I should get a bottle of Boones Farm and go have the relations in the back of a car.  I gave her a perplexing look and then changed the subject. 

Too funny...apparently THAT'S why we haven't gotten PG yet...been doing it wrong all this time!

• Options

Oh! So that is what we have been doing wrong. Good to know.

Congrats on the weight loss!

• Options

Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one. Drives me crazy :)

• Options
    DochasDochas member

Unsolicited advice is never welcome.  And please don't hate me...

But you know I can kind of see a point in there.  I don't agree that you won't get pregnant if you're on a schedule and it's kind of clinical.  But, I'm thinking of the "dryness" factor and just read about that pre-seed stuff in another post.  Isn't being really excited kind of the same thing?  I can see how lubrication would work. 

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"