Baby Showers
Options

Co-ed showers?

My sister is planning my shower, so she wants me to get an invite list together.  She's made it clear that she wants my husband and dad there, as well as one of my close guy friends, so I was wondering if we should invite couples instead of just the girls.  Are co-ed showers okay?  

Re: Co-ed showers?

• Options
    I don't know if they are ok, but I'm having one! I wouldn't care if it was for just girls, but my friends wants couples and I'm ok with that. I appreciate everything they do for me.
  • Options
    Oops, just kidding!  I just saw the post bellow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Co-ed showers are fine, but it's really not your sisters call that men "must" be invited.  If everyone is cool w/ it- that's great.  But I personally find it odd that she's made it' "clear" that she wants them there.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

Co-ed showers are great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I like co-ed showers better than all female ones!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I personally don't like co-ed showers because my DH never goes...hates the idea.  He won't even go to a co-ed bridal shower!  I end up going by myself and always feel the odd man (woman) out.  I rarely stay long...always leave before the gifts are opened.
  • Options
    I'm having a Co-ed shower.  I liked the idea because my husband and I have a lot of couple friends and some single male friends that I wouldn't want to be left out.  We're leaving it open to where the single friends can bring a guest if they want to or not.  That way it's up to them and they won't feel left out of anything. 
  • Options

I went to a co-ed bridal shower and it was a lot of fun!

But I don't know about a baby shower.  I know my DH hated the idea b/c he doesn't want to have to listen to a bunch of women oo and coo over baby clothes or hear any birthing/baby stories.

I'm sure you could make it work

Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"