TTC after 35
Options

TTC is tiring

Although I'm a self admitted POASaholic. I have to say I'm a little tired of all of this TTC stuff. I know there are many gals out there that have been trying longer than me but, I feel like I just need a break. I think I'm going to finish out this cycle with charting, CBEFM and OPKs but I think I'm going to take a break from it during the 2ww and next month. Once we get a plan from our RE then I'll start up what I need to again.

Oh and right now I want a big glass of red wine. And I might just do it.

Anybody else just tried to all of this stuff?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TTC is tiring

• Options

I was definitely getting tired with trying for #1.  It was just getting very frustrating and upsetting, but I needed control and that was all I had with the temping, OPKs and CBEFM.

TTTC #2 hasn't been as trying.  I think because all I'm doing is using my CBEFM.  I think the whole temping thing was the majority of what was getting to me. 

I say go ahead and have a couple of glasses of wine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

Hi, Mexine.

I was thinking very similar thoughts myself this week. It's really emotionally exhausting!

Have yourself some wine, girlie.

Joyful

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't been at this long enough to get tired of the TTC stuff yet, although I think charting is making me tired. Because I have anxiety about temping and wake up 5 times a night. I need to relax!! Speaking of which, wine sounds good :-)
  • Options

I'm tired of it too.  At first I thought it was neat to chart and see exactly what my body was doing.  Then one chart lead to another and at times it really brings me down.  I too go to see the RE next month and I too am hoping a good game plan will allow me to relax a little bit...wine helps with that as well...

• Options

I'm not so tired of the temping and the CBEFM, etc, because I think it gives me the smallest bit of control.  I am, however, so tired of thinking about it all the time.  I am also tired of our sex life revolving around when I ovulate!

Hope you had a big glass (or two or three) of wine last night.

• Options

It does get to be a little much...but I think once you have a plan in place after all your tests came back you will feel like you are in a better place.

Enjoy your wine!!! and have some for me!!!

• Options
    It is exhausting!  I'm not temping this cycle, and it's kind of nice.  Since this wasn't supposed to be a cycle we tried on, I've been a ton more relaxed too.  I've tried everything but the CBEFM.  Out of all of them, I like the wine the best!   Wink
  • Options

I know lots of people who take a break (from charting in particular).

I haven't gotten too tired of it yet - but I was getting tired of all the poking around in my vag the last couple of weeks! (2 x hsg, pap, ultrasound, etc).

lol.

• Options
    imageCathyMD:

I know lots of people who take a break (from charting in particular).

I haven't gotten too tired of it yet - but I was getting tired of all the poking around in my vag the last couple of weeks! (2 x hsg, pap, ultrasound, etc).

lol.

I don't blame you there.

I think I just need more sleep.  I'm one of those people that once I'm up I'm up. Having to wait for the thermometer and CBEFM sometimes is too long for me to fall back to sleep.  My normal wake up time is 4:40 am, yuck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"