Pregnant after 35

Ultrasound Follow-Up

Today's ultrasound still showed an empty gestatinal sac with no yolk sac. We're leaving soon to go on vacation at my insistence because if something happens, I am not going to sit around and wait for it. The doctor did not seem too optimistic, but would normally have me come in next Thursday to see what's going on. I'll go back in on the Monday after we're back from vacation. I am just hoping we can stay positive and enjoy some time with the girls. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ultrasound Follow-Up

• I'm going to pray for a positive outcome for you. Try to enjoy your vacation, Lizzy. (((HUG)))

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I'm sorry you didn't get a nice reassuring u/s. I'll be crossing my fingers that the LO will play catch up while you are on vacation. Try to have a good time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I really hope things work out for you.  I am trying to remember.... I THINK I went in for my first u/s at 5 weeks 3 days and there was only a gestational sac (no yolk sac).  They said to come back in a week or two.  I waited the full two weeks and saw the yolk sac and the heartbeat at that time (almost positive it was 7 weeks 3 days).  Don't know if this helps, but I remember thinking the worst while I waited out those two weeks.

Good luck and try to have a nice time on vacation.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh Lizzy, I am so sorry this wasn't the outcome you had hoped for. Hang in there. Prayers coming your way
  • I hope your vacation is fabulous, and when you get back you get good news!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • PeskyPesky member
    I'm so sorry and will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Left Hug

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• This early on in the pregnancy... being off on an estimated due date by even a few days can make a huge difference in what you see on the U/S.  We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Try to relax and have a nice vacation!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"