Working Moms

what's with some people?

I have friend and former college roommate that lives 12 hours away.  We used to email once a month or so.  She has a 9 month old son and SAH.  Ever since she started a blog about a year ago, she never responds to emails.  She sends out a mass email about once a month to (it seems like) everyone she has ever met reminding us to check out their blog.  I keep up with it, it is nice since they live so far away.  However, when I send her a personal email she never responds.  Never.  There have been at least six emails that I've sent and not received any response.  These were personal, real emails that I wrote and asked questions, told her what was happening in our lives and what DS is up to.  Nothing.  It really ticks me off.  I guess if she has time to make regular blog entries about swimming in the pool, going for walks, shopping at the mall - I figure she would have ten minutes to respond to an email.  Vent over. 

Re: what's with some people?

• That would irritate me too.  I think after 6 emails, I would just send her one and ask her why she never responds?  Tell  her that you do read her blog but would like to her from her personally every once in a while.
  • That is rather narcissistic isn't it?  I want you to read about my life, but I can care less about yours...

I have a friend like that.  It drives me nuts.  But when I do see her, she is the sweetest person and we have tons to talk about.  I've come to accept that she is who she is.  Take it or leave it.  I don't invest much into that relationship, but she's still a good person to have in my life when I do see her.

• Loading the player...
  • FloF9FloF9 member
    My opinion?  She's a self centered jerk.  Sorry but life is too short for people who would rather use a blog than pick up the phone.  I wouldn't be able to be friends with someone like that.
  • That seems odd. SHe hasn't changed her e-mail address, has she? I would do as pp suggested and e-mail her one more time asking her directly why she doesn't respond to your e-mails. Maybe she'll respond this time after she realizes she has been postponing replying for way too long. I think I would stop e-mailing her if she doesn't respond again.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • maybe that is not her email anymore?

If it is I agree, self centered

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"