TTC after 35
Options

Weird (?) temping question

How long does it take for your temperature to rise after you O?  I mean, I know the next day it will have risen, but let's say I O'd at 4 am and took my temp at 7 am.  Will it have risen by then do you suppose?  How many hours might it take?  The only thing I've been able to find is it will have risen the next day.

I'm sort of convinced I O'd yesterday at some point - probably pretty late in the day.  I had 2 negative OPKs yesterday and the day before but I never get a positive - I think I just have a really short surge and I missed it in between Wed. and Thurs., who knows though.  But my temp was still down this morning.

I could just wait until tomorrow to see, but I'm idly curious and bored so I thought I'd see what you all though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weird (?) temping question

• Options

Unfortunately, with those open circles ff isn't going to be able to tell if you o'd with any certainty.

Why so many?

Also, ff won't give you crosshairs until you've had three days of a clearly visible high sustained temperature. So it takes days, not hours :)

• Options

Yeah, I know, the open circles tick me off.  I can just never manage to wake up at the same time with a solid 3 hours behind me.  I'm such a light sleeper that I spend half the night on the edge of sleep so I really haven't figured out when is the best time to record a temp.

I've taken it the first time I wake, I've done it at 7 after only an hour or so of sleep, I just can't get it both at the first time I wake up AND after 3 hours sleep.  So frustrating!  And I've the answers I've gotten on what to record have varied wildly.  LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hum. I've heard people with similiar sleep issues say that after a cycle or two they find a time that works.

For me, when I tried to do it at my usual alarm time it didn't work. Cycle #2 I started temping at 5am, and then get up with another alarm at 7am. Works great.

Unfortunately, if it doesn't work out for you charting won't either - because ff can only work with the temp taken at the same time every day after 3 hours of sleep.

I really hope you can find a time that works!

• Options

My last cycle was a little better - I did have some time variations, but also a pretty clear rise after O.  If my temps are the same this month, I will have a pretty clear rise this cycle as well so I'm hoping it won't be a big issue.  Maybe I need to set my alarm for like 3am or something.  Man that would suck!!  I will try moving it back an hour or so though to see if that helps.

Thanks for the input!!  I feel like I am always asking the most basic questions over and over :(

• Options

Ask away!

Try moving it earlier and let us know how it goes!

• Options

I get significant O pain that goes away right after I ovulate. I know b/c my temp always goes up the next morning after the pain stops. This past cycle I had O pain when I went to bed and it was gone when I woke up.  My temp went up that morning too, although not as much as normal. So, to answer your question, I think your temp goes up within a few hours of ovulating.

Also as far as temping, after a couple of cycles, I discovered that I always wake up between 5 and 6 every morning (and then fall back asleep), so I just started temping then instead of 7 when my alarm goes off.  So, you may find a pattern after you temp a couple of cycles.

• Options
    I hardly ever get 3 hours before  I temp... I still have the shifts in temp. 
  • Options

After you O the follicle that produced the egg becomes the corpus luteum, and it releases progesterone that helps maintain the embryo/fetus if you become pg.  The progesterone is what makes your bbt go up.  So I am not a doctor but I believe that yes it will start to rise shortly after you O.  I also think that no matter what time you are temping you should see a shift...but the 3 hours of sleep before you temp is important.  I seriously think that if you did not get a surge on an OPK than you may not have O'ed.  Did you use the CBE digitals with the smiley face??  Those are a big help when trying to decipher what they mean :)  I do know that the LH hormone is released 24 to 36 hrs before you O...it takes that long to trigger the release of the egg.

Now by no means am I a doctor, but that is just what I'm thinking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"