Two Under 2
Options

Anyone have to do bed rest with #2?

I just got put on bed rest due to a small tear in my amniotic sac causing me to slowly leak fluid. ?Either the tear will heal with the rest, or I'll go into labor soon and have this baby early. ?Does anyone have any advice about how to cope with bed rest while trying to prepare for the new baby, keep our home running, not to mention keep up with a very active toddler? ?I'm really terrible at asking people for help, and I have already been flooded with offers of help by lots of people. ?I just don't know what to ask them for.?
imageimageimage

Re: Anyone have to do bed rest with #2?

• Options

I understand not liking to ask people for things. I hate asking anyone for help, other than my mom. But my mom and have that kind of relationship that we always help each other 

I would make a list of the things you do, that you are unable to do yourself right now:

ex: dishes, laundry -wash-dry-fold, floors, playtime with baby #, make dinner, give baby #1 a bath....etc...

and when people call asking if you need help - tell them you have a list, they can pick whatever they want off the list or not, its up to them.

That way you dont have to ask for anything - and they can choose something that they dont mind doing if they WANT to.

I hope this gives you an idea! Good Luck

• Options
    PeskyPesky member
    I didn't know about that!!!   Sorry to hear you are dealing with that.  I had to go on modified bed rest for PTL contractions.  You should page summersmom too because I know she was on bedrest for PTL while trying to keep up with C.  I think you do what the pp suggested -- make lists of tasks for people to do and take them up on their offers.  Quite frankly, I found the most difficult thing was caring for DD and the brunt of that work fell on DH during the weekends and during the week (although DD is in daycare during the week).  I figured taking care of her and her needs was #1. Worst case scenario, we'd pick something up for dinner or pop a frozen meal into the oven for us.  There were a number of chores that kind of fell by the wayside.  Just realize that something will have to give, usually some household stuff, and that will be okay.  It'll get done eventually.  If the dishes don't get loaded into the dishwasher for a day or so, it'll still work out.  GL!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"