LGBT Parenting
Options

I spoke too soon...

when i said we were sticking with the plan for #3.  Talking w/ A last night has us thinking that doing back to back IUIs might be the way to go.

I'm going to post over on TTTC as well, but does anyone know the stats re: improved sucess rates with two IUIs vs one? 

I googled and found lots of conflicting info - some say it increases chances 5-10%, others say it does nothing at all.

Re: I spoke too soon...

• Options
    I'm at work, so can't check - but I think the Stephanie Brill book has the stats on that.  The Maia practice where she is a midwife does 2 IUIs per cycle as almost standard procedure.  I can check when I get home.
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I don't have hard numbers for you but I can tell you the cycles where we did back to back were the ones we felt we had the best shot. Since frozen swimmers don't last as long as fresh it always seemed like a good idea to us to cover the whole window. It couldn't hurt anything but the pocketbook

FWIW, our current RE, the amazing one with great success rates, always does b2b iui's, especially with frozen sperm.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The rates vary.  I've heard 6% tends to be standard.  I posted on SAIF awhile back and there were a fair amount of ladies who had success w/ b2b.  My RE said that it doesn't increase the odds enough to spend the extra $ unless of course we wanted to.  We've decided we'd do b2b on round 4 if we get that far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

wow, thanks ladies! I think you're sealing the deal on b2b this month!

Brit, i'd love that stat if you have a chance later

• Options
    imagectbride08:

Does your insurance have an IUI limit? If so, you might want to see if b2b count as one or two.  I've heard different insurances treat it different (1 cycle vs. 2 IUIs).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagectbride08:

I'll look when I get home and let you know.  I do remember reading in the book that on the occasions that Maia patients did 3 per cycle, they "almost always" got pregnant. Of course, that's pretty expensive! And I feel like the midwives that we see aren't into being that aggressive (at least that's the impression I get from them).

Mrs._F

• Options
    imageTwo*True:
    imagectbride08:

Does your insurance have an IUI limit? If so, you might want to see if b2b count as one or two.  I've heard different insurances treat it different (1 cycle vs. 2 IUIs).

We're OOP so no issues there

• Options
    imageMrs._F:
    imagectbride08:

I'll look when I get home and let you know.  I do remember reading in the book that on the occasions that Maia patients did 3 per cycle, they "almost always" got pregnant. Of course, that's pretty expensive! And I feel like the midwives that we see aren't into being that aggressive (at least that's the impression I get from them).

nope...they are definitely not into being aggressive. i'm guessing they will question our decision to move to 2 at this point, but its really feeling right.

• Options
    imagectbride08:
    imageMrs._F:
    imagectbride08:

nope...they are definitely not into being aggressive. i'm guessing they will question our decision to move to 2 at this point, but its really feeling right.

Yeah, you have to go with your gut Smile

Mrs._F

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"