TTC after 35
Options

Anyone have a uterine septum or bicornuate uterus?

I have one or the other but it can't be 100% diagnosed without a laparoscopy.  Neither supposedly effect fertility but they absolutely can impact carrying a baby to full term, depending on where the embryo implants. The septum can be fixed but the bicornuate uterus cannot. Since I've never actually conceived, I'm focusing on that first.

Just wondering if anyone else has this diagnosis? Anyone ever had a laparoscopy?

Re: Anyone have a uterine septum or bicornuate uterus?

• Options
    My friend has a bicornate ut and had no problems conceiving, with the pregnancy or the birth.  All of the women in her family have it, but none of the others are married yet.  All of their gyns have said its not a big deal.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of the issues you mentioned, but I had a laparoscopy a few months ago.  They wanted to get a good look at my uterus and ovaries.  I ended up having endometriosis burned off as well as a cyst.  I never had any symptoms from them though.  The procedure was find, I was put under and was sore for a day or so after.  Other than that it was fine!
    TTC #1, Cycle 22 - Jan 2009 IUI , Femara & Follistim: 7/21/09: BFN Multiple rounds of Clomid June 2012: Decided to move on to IVF after 3 more rounds of Clomid Sept 2012: Got a call from a friend asking us to adopt her baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DochasDochas member
    I have not had that diagnosis, but it was something that my doctor had mentioned because I had two miscarriages.  I had that xray - hsg - done.  Has your doc mentioned that at all?  I did have a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy last week for endometriosis.  There was some indication of that on the x-ray but you're right that the lap is the only way to know for sure.  I was afraid to have the surgery but it wasn't really that bad.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"