Two Under 2

Has it been difficult naming next baby?

It has been so hard for us.  We had our DD's name at 19 weeks.  I know we have time but I feel like I can bond more with the baby if I know her name.  We do keep the names a secret until delivery.  Has it been difficult for anyone else?

Re: Has it been difficult naming next baby?

• Yes! And we sent out an email to our families saying to send us a list of suggested names, and gave them little rules like if you can make fun of the name so can an 8 or 9 year old, etc etc. And we got names like Chester. Ummm no.
  • Yes, impossible!  I had Ella's name at 13 weeks or so.  We thought we picked a name and then yesterday I had second thoughts again so we're just going to wait to see her I guess.  I'm a little nervous that we still won't make a decision even on the spot like that.
  • Loading the player...
  • We actually had an easier time with this one on picking the first name.  Now if only the middle name was just as easy....
  • Yes, we're having a raelly hard time.

We were pretty sure on a girls and boys name the first time around before the 20 week u/s

now we're bascially waiting to find out the results FIRST so that we can focus on names because its so hard!

• I feel the same way. It's driving me crazy because I also really enjoyed calling DD by name. It really felt like more of a bonding thing for me. This time, every time I say "the baby" or "the new baby" I feel sad that we can't come up with a name yet. But for some reason it was pretty easy for DD#1 and it's soooooooooo hard to find a name that seems right and fits for #2! We're very close, but still debating between 2 names.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • NannaNanna member
    We didn't choose Kermie's name until he was born. ?I'm one of those peeps who can't imagine naming a baby until I meet them. ?We actually have a longer list of contending names for this baby than we did for #1. ?
    imageimageimage
  • We had our little girls name at 19 weeks! I am 32 weeks pregnant with our son and still, hubby and I, cannot agree on one sigle name! Its driving me crazy. I dont want a common name like ryan, justin, michael, christopher....etc. And its not that i dont like those name, i just want something that stands out a little more. Girls has so many more options!!!!

• Boy names - no problem.  Girl names -----UGH!  DD's name is the only name that we both liked.  We aren't sure if we are going to find out what we are having - so I am stressing over a girls name.  I feel like I am never going to com eup with the perfect one.

• It was easy with DS and with DD we had a few names on our list but DH and I couldn't agree 100%.  My dad passed away when I was 21w so we decided to go with the name on our list that had his first and middle initial to honor him.  I still wasn't 100% sure about it but now that she's a week old I could imagine naming her anything else.  It will come to you just give it some time. 
  • YES!!!  It has been so difficult!  DH has given up and will only call the baby "Bob".

That will NOT be the name on the birth certificate!

• Yup!  We had a girl name picked out very early last time but didn't choose DS's name until the day before he was born.  This time we keep throwing names out but nothing seems to work for a boy or a girl.  I figure we have until we schedule our repeat c-section to get really serious about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"