3rd Trimester

stained white onesies...wwyd

I am folding a huge load of hand-me-down baby girl laundry.  I also mixed in a bunch of stuff from Joaquin.  I have about 6 white onesies from Joaquin, so they are mine, but they are totally stained.  Should I just toss them? 

Do I want to put stained onesies on my newborn, even if they're stained by her big brother?

my blog: mama quiere beso
Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories

Re: stained white onesies...wwyd

• I'd get new ones because they are such an inexpensive piece of clothing, but that's just me.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • I would use them under other clothes so the stains wouldn't be visible. But, we are on a tight budget and sibling stains wouldn't bother me as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definately use them around the house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChrysallys:
    I'd get new ones because they are such an inexpensive piece of clothing, but that's just me.

Same here, I would replace them

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How about oxiclean? I used this on the hand-me-downs that my gf gave me that had stains. I soaked them in the oxi-clean that is ok for babies for about 2 hours, washed them, and then put them on the line to dry in the sun. It made a huge difference. 

• Depends on how visible the stains are for me.

You could always keep them and use them in a pinch around the house.  At least you know they're clean, just stained.

• imageksayles:

How about oxiclean? I used this on the hand-me-downs that my gf gave me that had stains. I soaked them in the oxi-clean that is ok for babies for about 2 hours, washed them, and then put them on the line to dry in the sun. It made a huge difference. 

My mom did this with my baby clothes and my sisters baby clothes that had stains from over 20 years ago and they came out clean. She put them in a bucket of oxyclean and covered it with cling wrap for 24-48 hours. Sun dry. HTH

• Oxyclean, dry in the sun, wash again.  Poof!  They will look brand new Big Smile
  • I kept a couple of stained ones from DS that I washed myself.  Honestly before long they are all going to be stained anyways!  I would try Oxyclean, I have some and have not yet tried it on mine, but have heard that it works. 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EANEAN member
    Going through the same thing with my DD's clothes.  I bought all new Carters onsies.  That way they are all soft and sweet!
  • imageaveryhappygirl:

My mom did this with my baby clothes and my sisters baby clothes that had stains from over 20 years ago and they came out clean. She put them in a bucket of oxyclean and covered it with cling wrap for 24-48 hours. Sun dry. HTH

I love that stuff!

• I agree with the post about putting them in the sun for a bit to see if that helps any. I would for sure keep them around the house for emergencies or to use as rags for cleaning or something.

• I would cut them up and use them for clean-ups.
    Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If they are breastmilk stains, I've been told that Oxyclean works really well. I saw that they make a free & clear version now too. I'm gonna pick some up next week.
  • I got a few stained ones little brother and his exactly one year ahead of me baby Tony.  I figure that they'll be perfect for sitting around in the living room or sleeping in.  But, then, I've never seen anyone keep their stuff as meticulously sterilized my SIL, so I'm not worried too much about what it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"