Infertility

exercise on clomid?

this feels like a dumb question...   but Dr. Google is giving me conflicting answers, and I never asked my nurses about it...

I am going to the gym tonight and usually use the rowing machine, but since I just took my last Clomid last night, should I take it more easy than that?   Keep it to walking and light lifting, rather than a whole body strenous workout?      or shouldn't it matter?    what have you been told?

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: exercise on clomid?

• I had no exercise limitations. If you're doing what you've always been doing, i'd just keep at it.
  • My RE told me nothing "jarring".   Whatever that means! 
  • Loading the player...
  • i've debated this and decided to just not exercise for peace of mind, except maybe gentle yoga and stretching.
  • hmmm...     i think maybe i'll stick to doing an arm circuit and walking tonight.   especially since my right ovary seems to hate me today.    thanks for the responses.
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• I was told nothing out of the ordinary. I normally run, and they said that it was ok to continue doing.
  • My RE said to continue as normal, although I was hoping he would say not to exercise so I could be lazy guilt free.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I exercise a lot and am currently on Clomid and training for a 1/2 marathon. I was told it's fine. If your body's used to exercise, I wouldn't worry about it Smile
  • imageladychicago:
    hmmm...     i think maybe i'll stick to doing an arm circuit and walking tonight.   especially since my right ovary seems to hate me today.    thanks for the responses.

I have the same thing on Clomid.  I actually had to STOP working out, running, even walking because the R ovary felt huge.  I just felt like I was lugging a 10# weight on the right side of my abdomen. It was so uncomfortable.  I would keep it light! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I pretty much live to work out these days. Like a pp I'm also training for a half marathon right now. I'm in the gym in some form or another 7 days a week (prior to sigining up for the half, I worked out 4-5 days a week) and no one has told me not to do this.

HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"