2nd Trimester

Anyone putting baby straight into nursery crib?

I was planning on it, but now I am second guessing.  I feel like if I put the baby into our room I will wake up over every tiny noise.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone putting baby straight into nursery crib?

• I don't have room for them in my room, so they'll be in their cribs.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is the plan, but who knows once he arrives.  We will have a Pack-n-Play, so things might change after the arrival.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Straight into the crib!  The nursery is close enough to us that I wont need a monitor.  It is her room!
  • DH and I plan on putting the LO in their crib in his/her nursery from night one. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great - glad someone else is doing it.  The nursery is one door down so I will definitely hear without a monitor.
  • We are putting our LO in our room, in a bassinet for the first couple of weeks, then it will be in their crib.
  • Yep. With us, the dog and the cat, there's just no room for a baby! Big Smile

Besides, the nursery is next door to our room, so it's not a big deal.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I want to try to set the schedule and tone of things early. I don't want to have a 3 year old in my room because either one of us needs it that way.

Straight to crib in our house!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Yes, I will be putting our LO directly in his crib from the time we come home from the hospital all the way through.  I'm a firm believer that in order to get the baby on a schedule with respect to feeding and sleeping that it is important that they get used to their own bed from the get go.  It might be a bit harder on me for those middle of the night feedings in the early weeks, but I'll have to suck it up.  My sister used this strategy with her two boys and they are both excellent sleepers (now 7 & 9) and have been since birth.  They also slept thru the night by 6 weeks.  My sister was spoiled I know, but I hope I am too!
  • LO in the crib right away is the plan . . .
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • ZAngelZAngel member
    We are putting the baby in the crib as soon as she comes home from the hospital.  We will have a monitor so we can hear her when she wakes up.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We have a one bedroom apartment. I have a pack n play cosleeper that she'll be in until she grows out of it... then she'll be in a crib... MAYBE in the living room/dining room nook. That would mean my DH would have to turn down the effin TV though, because I'm sure she'll go to sleep before us.
  • Our room is right next to the nursery, so baby will go in the crib right away. Plus, I don't want to lose MY space. We're hoping this will work out, but if it doesn't ::shrugs:: oh well.
  • Straight to the crib in the nursery for us too
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:

I want to try to set the schedule and tone of things early. I don't want to have a 3 year old in my room because either one of us needs it that way.

Straight to crib in our house!!

This.

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• t.birdt.bird member
    yes- that's why she has a crib imo.
  • That's where he'll be.

I can't promise that I won't be standing over him staring at him for the first few nights but I do want him in the crib a.s.a.p.  Mostly for my DH's benefit..he will still be working and needs his sleep.

• Straight to crib for us.
  • nealblnealbl member
    The baby will be in a bassinet in our room for awhile. Since I am breastfeeding I would rather lean over grab the kid and then lay them back down instead of getting up and going into another room. Plus I want to hear all the noises that the baby makes. i totally think it is your own preference though. Do what you think is best for you and your baby.
  • Straight to the crib unless we get the "family" bassinet. Either way it will be in its own room.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby is going straight to nursery and crib.  My parents did that with all of us and I need my space to be my space-so does DH.  The nursery is very close to our room so I dont think it will be a problem.
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • What is the reasoning for having babies in the parents room? (I haven't read any parenting books yet, can you tell?!). Is it because it's more desirable for the parents for convenience sake or is it for the baby's benefit? Because the nursery is literally two feet away. I had planned to put the pack and play in our room at first and use the bassinet feature for the baby because I thought you were "supposed" to have the baby in your room - and I can't rationalize spending the extra $$ on an additional bassinet. But now that I think more about it, there's really not a ton of room for the PNP - it's going to block both our dressers and we'd have to move it every morning. So why not use the crib across the hall. Maybe we'll do the PNP bassinett for the first few night but I think she's going to wind up in her own crib very quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been having the same debate due to a total lack of space in our room. People keep saying to me that I'll need to have the baby in my room, but then they can't really tell me why, just that that's the way it's done. I registered for a 'moses basket' due to a recommendation from my mom. Apparently it's good for toting baby around the house, maybe I'll be able to use it as a portable bassinet? So many of you are going straight to the crib though - I don't see why I can't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"