Minnesota Babies

Woodwinds vs. United Delivery

Does anybody have any experience at either? ?I moved back to MN (from CA) about a year ago, so I don't have a "regular" dr. anymore. ?I'm trying to decide if I want to use Allina drs. or Healtheast drs. based on what hospital I want to deliver at. ?Any suggestions?? ?

Re: Woodwinds vs. United Delivery

• I have delivered at both hospital's and I like them both. At woodwinds the baby stays in your room but if you need any help the nurse's are willing to help. Also they have midwives that deliver your baby. It's a very beautiful hospital. At united they do have a nursery there. It also is a nice hospital.

I guess it's up to you to decide on it. You could always go take a tour of each hospital and see which one is better for you and your new family.. GL on everything.

• Thank you for your input! ?I am def. going to tour both. ?I have heard really good things about Woodwinds, but I like the fact that Children's in right there at United if for some reason baby needs that. ?I really like that the baby stays right in the room the whole time. ?Such a hard decision!
  • Loading the player...
  • St. Joe's is another HealthEast option that is in downtown St. Paul near Children's.  They have the same philosophy as Woodwinds, just minus the wooded spa-like building.

• I haven't been to St. Joe's. ?Is that where you delivered? ?I assume you liked it?
  • I delivered at United and it was an awesome experience.  That was the first time that I had been to that hospital so I didn't really know anything about it until I got pregnant.  I will never go to any other hospital again.

All of the nurses were awesome and let me have a say in what was going on.  I wanted an epi, but wanted to wait until I really needed it.  They wanted to break my water and I just wasn't ready.  I was finally comfortable and wanted to rest a little before they did that and they were ok with it.  I had a super easy labor and delivery and I really think a lot of it had to do with my main nurse working with me. 

They were all also awesome when it came to BF.  DS latched on right away, but it is still something to get use to.  I had every nurse tell me a little tip or trick that they had.  It was great to try them out and see what worked for us.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKaliBali04:
    I haven't been to St. Joe's.  Is that where you delivered?  I assume you liked it?

Yes, that is where I delivered DD and where I plan to deliver DC#2.  My rave about it is in this thread.

• I absolutely loved my experience at Woodwinds. Isaac was born by the nurse who admitted us and I wouldn't have had it any other way!
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• I live in Woodbury and started going to an Allina clinic affiliated w/ United when I moved here. I really love my doc and I would recommend her to anyone in the area. The doc, of course, highly recommends United because they are more ready to handle any situation at their hospital. I think she also said the atmosphere is better, but who knows. Woodwinds is so much closer, but I feel safer w/ United at this point... and it's really only 9 miles away or something on 94 :)    You probably can't go wrong with either, though, especially based on the posts here. If you want my doc's name, I'd be happy to share!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"