South Florida Babies

Funny- a must read!

A mom in my mom's group asked about VPK. Her question: " What exactly is VPK?"

Here is one of the mom's response (note, this mom is one of funniest most kid loving mom I know), I couldn't stop laughing!

The scoop on VPK: Voluntary pre school (not required by law to send your child)

Somewhere around 3 yrs old your child no longer listens to you (for a gifted few... this developmental 'advancement' may occur as early as 6-months old). Parents will become highly irritated by the bad behavior exhibited by their selectively-parent-deaf offspring; such as chewing on friends, urinating on public buildings, and an endless barrage of NOT- even- funny BUTT jokes.
The state of florida is aware that parents subjected to (2-more years) prolonged exposure to these conditions of abuse and neglect, are highly likely to knock off family members, citizens and innocent bystanders during boughts of parental rage & frustration. Evidently FLorida has just realized the ensuing high death toll and violence ratings do not bode well for tourism or real estate values here in the Sunshine State. So when your sweet baby turns 4, you may hand them over to the state of FL to entertain for 3 hours 5 days a week at no charge to you.
Proactive parents (blissfully ignorant of the impending offspring to gremlin metamorphasis ) research 'the best schools'... yadda yadda yadda. But the simple truth is... IF you are a stay at home parent, by age 4- You don't care if the school chains them to the wall for 3-hours , sending them home with shackle-friction blisters. You are willing to call it 'character development' so long as it's legal, free, and permits you >3 minutes of uninterrupted time to focus on any given task subject or whimsy YOU desire. :)
So don't worry about all that research and selection and weeks of needless tours. Invest that time enjoying your kids toddler-hood.

Re: Funny- a must read!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"