Special Needs

Overdue F/U and thanks

Not sure if anyone remembers my previous post.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/16295997.aspx

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you again for all your kind words and advice. -Auntie-, if you're reading, thanks so much for chatting with me. I had to take a step back and stop posting because speculating online about my son's symptoms was making me crazy.

So far, the therapists who have seen him feel that it's SPD, and from what I've read, he fits pretty neatly into that category. However, I know that SPD can present with so many other things that I am bracing for different/additional diagnoses. I have a friend who's a pediatric neurologist at Rush and will get us in in the next couple of weeks. He can then recommend other doctors as needed.

We have started OT and so far so good I guess. DS loves it. :-)

Re: Overdue F/U and thanks

• congrats on getting the ball rolling... sometimes fear and uncertainty can paralyze us and keep us from doing what is best for our kids, so kudos to you for fighting through that. :)

Best of luck to you and your DS... he's lucky to have you!

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garrett
    image7_0002 A ~ 2.7.06 S ~ 9.2.07
  • thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

Keeping my anxiety in check has been hard. I am doing much better, but a few weeks ago I was a wreck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"