D.C. Area Babies
Options

You have to try this salad recipe!

My friend made this salad a few weeks ago and I've made it four or five times since.  It is delicious!  I'm not really following a recipe that she gave me, but I follow the important parts and just kind of improvise. 

The Dressing (these are all estimates, but it's hard to screw up):

1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar (I used regular bv as well and it was just as good)

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup canola oil

pinch of salt

1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds (I just bought them sliced at Giant and toasted them in our toaster oven)

1/4 cup sugar

Blend it all together in a large bowl, and then add the following:

*a few cups of fresh spinach (or spinach salad mix)

*about 3/4 cup of sliced strawberries

*about 1/2 cup chopped red onions

*about 1/2 cup chopped cucumber ( I don't think she used cucs, but I did and it's delish)

I think that's it.  I'm sure the sugar in the dressing has something to do with how incredibly good this salad is, but the ripe strawberries and toasted almonds add to the amazing factor as well.  Enjoy!  :)

Re: You have to try this salad recipe!

• Options
    Forgot to mention that after you coat the salad with the dressing, you should drain the majority of it into a container to use later.  That is WAY too much dressing to just leave on the salad, unless you use about 8 cups of salad.  :) 
  • Options
    I'll have to try this...it sounds delicious! I love new salads!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yum!  I make a variation of this with a tablespoon of dijon mustard to the dressing (and no canola oil)...and it's awesome! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"