Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Secret Life of the American Teenager...worth it?

Is it worth me watching the back episodes on hulu to get caught up for the new season?

Re: Secret Life of the American Teenager...worth it?

• Options

It's such a painful show to watch. The writing and acting are HORRIBLE. Seriously, the younger daughter is monotone! No teenager talks about sex as much as the characters on this show, and only a few talk about God and church that much.

• Options
    How bored are you? ?I watched last season, it was so-so. ?Not good enough that I'll tune in again this summer, if that tells you anything. ?I think I only watched the last season because I was hugely pregnant and it was too hot to go outside. ?;)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageyo.mama:

It's such a painful show to watch. The writing and acting are HORRIBLE. Seriously, the younger daughter is monotone! No teenager talks about sex as much as the characters on this show, and only a few talk about God and church that much.

?

LOL! ?I know! ?The sister! ?GAH! ?She's GOT to be the producer's daughter or something. ?You can't tell me they couldn't find anyone better.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Totally agree with pp.  The acting is atrocious.  The girls are both pretty bad and the mom isn't much better.  I also only watched it because I was bored and do not plan to watch the next season.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    *Bre**Bre* member
    I just noticed on the commercial that Molly Ringwald got HUGE and I was intrigued (I just saw this morning, though that she's expecting TWINS!)
  • Options

It is HORRIBLE, but I found I couldn't miss an episode.  IDK, maybe I was hoping it would get better? 

The kids are terrible actors.  Poor Molly RIngwald.  Gone are the days of Breakfast Club and For Keeps for her.  She's really not good on the show either.  

• Options

I know it's horrible and the acting is even worse, but for some strange reason I was glued to the t.v. for all but the last few episodes and only because I was busy with something esle... 

I'll probably watch whatever marathon they usually have right before the new season starts just to catch up, but the show does kind of reminds me of a bad version of 7th heaven.

BTW the way, I think the pregnant girl is much more annoying than the sister.

• Options

I watched 30 minutes of an episode and couldn't get past the acting. Awful. Then, they show the commercials for it and they have that girl saying "I'm like, in LOOOVE with my character!"?

image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Options
    imageMiami-Mama:

I know it's horrible and the acting is even worse, but for some strange reason I was glued to the t.v. for all but the last few episodes and only because I was busy with something esle... 

I'll probably watch whatever marathon they usually have right before the new season starts just to catch up, but the show does kind of reminds me of a bad version of 7th heaven.

BTW the way, I think the pregnant girl is much more annoying than the sister.

I'm also addicted but I chalk it up to being homeschooled and needing to find out about the secret lives of Am. teens. LOL. The pregnant girl is SO whiney!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"