D.C. Area Babies

Babywise moms--come in, please :-)

I started the Babywise schedule when Warner was about 6 weeks old and he has been doing great with it. When we started, he was eating about 8 times a day, now at almost 12 weeks, we are down to 6. Usually, his wake time and first meal is at about 7 or 7:30am, then we're on about a 3 to 3.5 hour schedule for the rest of the day. But I'm kind of confused on how to proceed from here.

He's been taking a really good morning nap lately and I've been having to wake him up to give him his next bottle, so I am thinking that I might be able to consolidate his morning and late morning naps into one. BUT he is also totally asleep for his late night bottle that we usually give him around 10 or 10:30pm. So which feeding should I drop first?

Or am I going about this he wrong way...I feel like I've missed something in the book.

Re: Babywise moms--come in, please :-)

• I think you can only keep up their schedule for the newborn stages.  As long as he is still on a schedule I would be thrilled.  Can you let him sleep for his morning nap (less likely to ruin night time sleep) and just pick up after that again with the 3-3.5hour schedule?  HSHC says this is the age when the morning nap really develops.

Also, do you wake him for the night time bottle or is he fussy and then falls asleep on the bottle?  If you are waking him I would skip it and see if he still sleeps at night like he has been.

• imagetracy042206:

I think you can only keep up their schedule for the newborn stages.  As long as he is still on a schedule I would be thrilled.  Can you let him sleep for his morning nap (less likely to ruin night time sleep) and just pick up after that again with the 3-3.5hour schedule?  HSHC says this is the age when the morning nap really develops.

Also, do you wake him for the night time bottle or is he fussy and then falls asleep on the bottle?  If you are waking him I would skip it and see if he still sleeps at night like he has been.

For his night night bottle, he is almost always totally asleep and we have to wake him. And I've been thinking that I want to drop that one, but when I do that, do I increase all his other meals to compensate for that dropped feeding? He eats SO much already and spits up so much that I'm worried about increasing what he's already eating at each meal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"