Infertility
Options

Does Clomid make you tired?

My sleep has been all F----ed up by the progesterone.  I sleep like the dead on it and then have insomnia for about a week when I get off of it.  

About when I was starting to get over it this month, I took my first Clomid dose. I was again the walking dead.  Was I just tired, or was it the Clomid?  

I took it around noon yesterday, but I have a wedding to go to tonight and might hold off a little later if it's going to wipe me out like that.  (Unless it's bad to take it at different times of the day.  I'd just switch to taking it at night) 

Re: Does Clomid make you tired?

• Options
    Yes! I feel hungover too when i take it! even though I had none of the fun:)
  • Options
    i never had the tired symptoms, but i also took it at night. i was tired though because of the hot flashes i couldn't sleep through the night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I find it all makes me tired.  The clomid, the provera, the crack of dawn monitoring, the night sweats, the emotional aspect of it.  I think it's a combination of everything IF.

Try to sneak in an afternoon nap :-)

imageimage
  • Options
    On this most recent dose (100mg), I was extremely exhausted while on the pills. As soon as I was off the pills, I couldn't sleep for about 3 nights. My understanding is fatigue and insomnia can both be side effects.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've never been tired on any of the IF meds I've taken.

I know low iron levels and/or insulin resistance can initiate fatigue... have you had labs to check on either of those recently?

GL - hope you feel better soon. If you can, sleep in tomorrow. =) Saturday naps always make me feel better. Take care.

• Options
    imageBermudaBride07:

I find it all makes me tired.  The clomid, the provera, the crack of dawn monitoring, the night sweats, the emotional aspect of it.  I think it's a combination of everything IF.

Try to sneak in an afternoon nap :-)

I couln't have said it better myself. The follistim gives me insomnia.  I always took my Clomid at night and didn't notice any additional tiredness.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsWood1228:

I know low iron levels and/or insulin resistance can initiate fatigue... have you had labs to check on either of those recently?

No, but that's a good idea. 

• Options
    Yes. I took it at night, but, on the 5 days I was on it, I would get soooooo sleepy around 2:00 every afternoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"