Birth Stories

Birth story - quick induction

I went in for my ob appointment on 6/10 by that time I was 40 weeks and 6 days ... they wanted to induce me that same night and I started some serious crying. The doctor then decided he'd give me a few more days to see if my little one would come on his/her own ( I was on team green). Induction date was then set for 6/15. 

I had to do a NST the following day (6/11). Well the baby would not keep still long enough for them to monitor the heart rate acccurately so I had to do a BPP. Went to do that and found out my fluid levels were seriously low. I was admitted immediately. Luckily I had brought my bags along and DH and my mom were with me. I was only 1cm at my dr appointment the day before so the I had to be started on cervadil.

The cervadil was started @ about 3:30 p.m and should have been in for 15 hours per my dr's orders. A few hours after I started to feel contractions and they were coming about 5 minutes apart. The nurse checked me at about 10 hours into the cervadil and lo and behold the cervadil fell out but thank God I was paper thin at that point.I had asked for something to take the edge off the contractions and was given some nubain at 12am. They started the pitocin @ about 6:30 am on friday 6/12. The contractions got stonger and closer together. The nurse checked me @ 7:50 and said I was now 3cm.I rocked my pelvis through each one and tried to do the breathing exercise they had taught me in classes. The nurse kept offering me the epi but I kept on saying I could tolerate the contractions although they were quiet painful. My doctor showed up at about 8am checked me said I was about 5/6 cm the nurse was like errr but I just checked her and she was only a 3. He broke my water and told the nurse to up the pitocin.  Based on my progress he estimated that I would deliver in the next 3 or so hours.

He went for some coffee and came back in 20 minutes checked me and said I think we're having this baby very soon. As he started to prep for the delivery the contractions got so stong and the pressure was on. He told me to go ahead and practice pushing through the contractions .... Soon after he checked me again and said yup we're ready ... As much as the contactions were painful I loved the fact that I was in control my doctor actually sat back and told me that I should push when I feel them. He allowed me to push on my own and massaged my perineum. I could feel the baby moving down and pushed as hard as I could through each contraction. My DH and my mom were excellent coaches they kept on telling me yes ... you can do it ... mentally I was in another world totally focussed on delivering my little miracle and kept on telling my self that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

After about 30-40 minutes of pushing Danielle Christina made her entry at 9:29 am weighing 7lbs 4oz and measuring 18 inches long.

The whole experience was amazing there was no more pain after she came out ... she was put on my chest and I cried and cried and cried and the love I felt for her was amazing. Truly a miracle from God.  

Re: Birth story - quick induction

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"