1st Trimester

Farm fresh eggs??

I know Moms ask all the time, "What can I eat and not eat?"  Well, this one I have not seen before.  I am at my Mom's house for a few days and she has farm fresh eggs.  Are these safe to eat??  I don't know if there's something special about the eggs that you buy in the store or not...

TIA Moms!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Farm fresh eggs??

• To be honest I have no idea... we eat farm fresh eggs and I didn't even think about it!!! *gasp*
    BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • JMHO - I think they would be fine. If anything they have less possible hormones from people messing with them. I would get them if i had consistent access.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as they are cooked, YES.  But then, you shouldn't be eating raw storebought eggs either, LOL.  Farm fresh eggs are SO much better for you because you know where they are coming from and that the chickens weren't eating pesticide laden feed while being injected with who knows what!  
  • Thank you for your feedback!!  You know with my first pregnancy I probably never would have asked.  But now days when you have access to the internet and such you are bombarded with SO MUCH information...sometimes I think too much information...It does not help a worrier like me.  LOL.  But thank you.  I will go eat my farm fresh eggs confidently and I will enjoy the heck out of them since this morning is the first morning in over 3 weeks I feel that I can actually eat!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I raise free ranged laying chickens.

Not only are the eggs fine to eat, they are MUCH better than store bought ones!  Not only do they taste better, but they have TONS more vitamins, and minerals. 

They are much fresher, the eggs in the store, on average, are already 3-5 weeks old by the time you buy them!  You should always cook eggs till the whites are white and the center is at least warm.  But otherwise enjoy!

• imageBethbsn06:
    JMHO - I think they would be fine. If anything they have less possible hormones from people messing with them. I would get them if i had consistent access.

I agree with this completely.  My grandpa used to have chickens and just let them do there own thing without giving them a bunch of hormones and what not.  They had the best eggs, tasted much better than most store bought!

• Farm fresh eggs are much tastier and more nutritious than store-bought eggs.  I'm going to the farmer's market and hoping I can score some today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"