Success after IF

2nd u/s - update

Things look good.  We got to have a 2nd u/s today.  I already had the appt scheduled this morning with the mfm dr due to mthfr.  I had some spotting this morning that completely freaked me out, so they were able to get us in a little earlier.  We had two beautiful heartbeats, both at 136 bpm.  The mfm dr. is pleased and said I am 7w1d.  Due to the mthfr ( I am hetrozygous) and anticardilipin antibodies we decided that I'll go on Lovenox.  She said the shots are very similar to the Gonal-f shots.  I have my NT scan scheduled for July 14th.  There is always a concern about m/c with the mthfr, but she is hopeful and so are we.  She said once we get to the 2nd tri the odds for m/c go down quite a lot.  Any good vibes you can send our way would be greatly appreciated.

If any Lovenox ladies can give me any advice about the shots/side effects (other than the bruising), I would appreciate it.

Thank you ladies for being so wonderful and supportive.

Re: 2nd u/s - update

• yay for a great ultrasound!!  Not really any s/e's from the lovenox. It does sting when you inject the medicine.  Oddly, when I give myself the shot, I bruise terribly and pretty much every time. If DH does it, for some reason I don't bruise as often (but still get bad ones from time to time).  We have learned that injecting it very slowly reduces the bruises & pain.  I've tried ice too and that really does nothing for me.

GL!

After years of Infertility treatments & 6 Miscarriages, we moved on to Domestic Infant Adoption to reach our dream.

First meeting with attorney: February 5, 2010

Matched w/ Birth Parents: August 2010

On October 2, 2010 our son was born.

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him." Samuel 1:27

• Good news!  Congrats!

Stick babies, stick!

•     
  • Congrats!  :)
    Health&Fitness Blog image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • For help with Lovenox you could page Brad'sMissA...She has to do those also. Good luck to you and the little ones!
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  •     
  • congrats on the good news!  The lovenox shots are easy.  I am constantly bruised, so any maternity pics will be imperfect (and no pg bikini for me!).  No other side effects.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Yay for a good ultrasound! You'll be in my prayers.
  •     
  • Sending you and the twins good vibes!  Hurray for the good ultrasound!
    BFP 12/5/07: Natural MC 12/23/07. ? MFI:20% motility, 2% morph. ? IUI 7/08 BFN, ? 50mg Clomid IUI 11/08 BFN,? Femara, Menopur,Ovidrel B2BIUI 4/09 BFN, ? IVF with ICSI #1: ER 5/20, ET 5/23. Beta 6/3: 121, Beta 6/5: 369 Beautiful Baby Girl born 2/22/10. ? BFP 2/9/11: HB at 7 Weeks, No HB at 10 Weeks. D&C 3/22/11 ? MTHFR diagnosed ? BFP 6/22/11 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards