Detroit Babies

Baby's Room Update

I am watching Channel 4 now and I believe they said that the Baby's Room closed their doors.. I will update this when the story comes on..

Re: Baby's Room Update

• Are you kidding me?  We were supposed to get our furniture this past Saturday...wtf?  So if they closed their doors and we already paid 1/2, does that me we are screwed out of that money??

Please keep me posted.  Thanks.

• It is on the news now

• Loading the player...
  • They said that all the stores have signs saying that the store is closed for inventory.. the BBB is on it.. so contact them. I believe the stores are closed for good.. the options are to call the BBB, call the manufacturer and see if they can ship it directly to you, or you can go to small claims but there will be a lot of people in line waiting for money and if they file for bankruptcy forget it.. So ridiculous.. I would call the manufacturer and fax them a copy of the receipt.. worth a try
  • Buy Buy Baby is also being very helpful... they are working with the customers that ordered from Baby's Room. I spoke with them a bit ago and they're going to try and help. They are working with the manufacturers (or at least with Bonavita) to help the customers. It's so irritating... I just spoke with someone at Baby's Room last week and they told me to call this week, probably knowing full well they wouldn't be there!
  • Thanks so much.  I did see it on Channel 4.  My husband even has a voicemail of a guy from Baby's room to tell us our furniture should be on this past weekends shipment.

We just want to know, did our furniture EVEN get ordered?  Or did they just take our money and run? 

THis is so frusturating, considering our baby will be here in 9 days!

Thanks for the other helpful tips.

• If anyone paid by credit card contact the credit card company to see if you can dispute the charge. 

• imagejhochstein:

If anyone paid by credit card contact the credit card company to see if you can dispute the charge. 

Yep, this worked when the bridal salon my sister ordered a BM dress from went out of business.  She got her entire deposit back.  GL ladies!

• I was soooo close to ordering from here just a week ago, but decided to go with Buy Buy Baby instead.  I really feel for those who did.  This just seems so wrong to do.  Why answer calls and say "call back next week"????  I really hope you ladies contact Better Business and get something back!!

Here's the article from channel four. 

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19761992/detail.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are in the same situation We called our credit card this morning and they will do an investigation and then give us a refund. We then went to a store called Mother Hubbard's  in Wixom. They have a beautiful store They called the factory and the factory said they will  get us anything we want in 4 week. We got to choose the color and collection of our choice. The serivce and quality of the furniture were excellent. You should check it out.

https://www.mhcfurniture.com/contactus/contact_wixom.php

• imagegorenss:

We are in the same situation We called our credit card this morning and they will do an investigation and then give us a refund. We then went to a store called Mother Hubbard's? in Wixom. They have a beautiful store They called the factory and the factory said they will? get us anything we want in 4 week. We got to choose the color and collection of our choice. The serivce and quality of the furniture were excellent. You should check it out.

https://www.mhcfurniture.com/contactus/contact_wixom.php

?

?

Mother Hubbard's was great! ?We almost went to Baby's Room, glad we didn't. ?I am so sorry you all have to go through this. ?GL!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"