Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Really starting to get upset about tomorrow :o(

Sorry to be a post wh0re today, lol.

I am getting very anxious.  I am excited to go back to work and feel productive (not that staying home with ike is easy by any means), but i have found myself sobbing several times today and it's just getting worse.  DH has promised to stop by the house at lunch and i will be home sometime around 4pm, Tues is gonna suck a lot more though cause i won't be home until 10pm ish.  :o(  Am i being totally crazy?  Please tell me that when you went back to work everything was okay and that your LO was okay.  My real fear is that ike will prefer SIL to me :o(

Re: Really starting to get upset about tomorrow :o(

• Options

Just think about what a huge smile and slobbery kiss Ike will give you when you get home!

:)

• Options
    Even if you worked 23 out of 24 hrs a day Ike would still know you are his mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's hard. I sobbed and sobbed when I had to take T to daycare.  But it gets easier every.single.day.  And it's only 2 days per week.  I think you will enjoy some adult interaction :)  You'll be great.  ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It will be fine, promise.

The best part of my day is how happy A is to see me when I pick her up from the sitter. I know she loves it there, but she lights up when she sees me and I know it will be the same for you :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For me, it was easier and then got harder.....

I edited it because I realize it wasn't helpful, and depressed me as well as probably those who read it

I got to spend all day with DS today and it's been awesome

It'll be ok....my sister and I were in daycare/sitter's for years and we're super close with our parents.

• Options
    It was okay for me when I went back. Sheri was at my mom's most days and she came to the daycare at my job occassionally. She was always so happy to see me  when I picked her up. Ike will gives you the biggest grins when you get home!! I agree that you'll love adult interaction.
  • Options

Even though I did this backwards (SAH after working for 6 months) I would still have to say, that even though it was rough on me initially, it got easier. I'm not going to say you'll stop missing him, but you'll enjoy a little bit of "Rhi time."

Plus, even if Ike loooves your SIL, you're his MOM. He loves you the most. He'll adjust to whatever, but that fact remains the same. Good luck. :o)

• Options

I think I hung around for about 20 minutes the first time I dropped Marley off at MIL's house to return to work... not wanting to go. I was so anxious in the days leading up to it. It's totally normal to be upset. Things will be fine though. You'll get through it and trust me, Ike is not going to prefer your SIL.?

Ike's going to be fine, you're going to be fine. Everything will work out. ?

• Options

imagedaveshell1:
    Even if you worked 23 out of 24 hrs a day Ike would still know you are his mama!

This. 

Ike will ALWAYS know his momma hon ... and you'll only be working 2 days a week, right?  Easy Peasy  :)  The first week or two are really hard, but you and Ike both will et used to it.  ((hugs!!))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    I understand what you are going through, I was sick to my stomach the day that I signed Leah up at daycare and the 1st day I dropped her off.  It really does get easier.  Ike will be fine and there's no way he will like SIL more. Wait until you see that huge smile when you come home tomorrow.  
  • Options
    Today is my first day back to work, too, and I only had 10 weeks at home with dd! It is hard, but we both will be okay, promise! Big Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"