Baby Names

uncommon girl names

wdyt of Asella?

looking for a girl's name thats uncommon but not totally weird.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: uncommon girl names

• I don't know if Asella qualifies, I've never heard of it.  Is it made up?
    ?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • Don't like Asella.  Not even sure how to pronounce it, which automatically makes me not like it.

Along those same lines:
    Stella
    Sela
    Asia
    Alese
    Ansel
    Alena
    Selena

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm not crazy about Asella either.  Uncommon=good. Unpronouncable=not good.

I liked Alena from the suggestions above. I had a friend named Sela (Say-la) and never met another one, but again, all through school, she was See-la.

• Asella is ok but I kind of like Astella better. Good luck I am trying to think of baby girl #3.
  • Where I live, there is the Acela train.  Asella makes me think of that.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• It reminds me of Azalia which isn't horrible, Azalias are very pretty, but I don't think I love it as a name.

I think Estella would be something that is still uncommon but is still a name that people recognize.

imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEastCoastBride:
    Where I live, there is the Acela train.  Asella makes me think of that.

This. I like Estella better...and it's not common.

• To me it looks like it's pronounces as$-ell-a.  I wouldn't personally choose a name where my child's NN could easily become As$.
  • imagemrsekins:

Don't like Asella.? Not even sure how to pronounce it, which automatically makes me not like it.

This

• imagemaltwin1:

It reminds me of Azalia which isn't horrible, Azalias are very pretty, but I don't think I love it as a name.

I think Estella would be something that is still uncommon but is still a name that people recognize.

I'm thinking you actually mean Azalea - that's what I think of too.

But, definitely agree re: Estella (lovely name).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejacesracer:

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Asella either.  Uncommon=good. Unpronouncable=not good.

I liked Alena from the suggestions above. I had a friend named Sela (Say-la) and never met another one, but again, all through school, she was See-la.

My friend's little girl is Selah, (see-lah). It's Hebrew, technically pronounced "Say-lah," but in the same way "amen" is technically pronounced "ah-mayn" but no one actually pronounces it that way. 

• It's cute. I know someone who named their daughter Adessa... it's different but fits her very well!
  • imageRobby6:

wdyt of Asella?

looking for a girl's name thats uncommon but not totally weird.....

The ACELA is the commuter train near Philadelphia.  Somewhat weird as a girls name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • not sure if people would be able to pronounce that very easily. i have a friend whose mother is from spain and her name is sina [see-nuh] and i think it's so pretty.
  • As in Ass-Ella?

Sorry, but noooooo.....Too easy imo

I do love:

Tessa, Dahlia, Zinnea, Lennox, Oakley, Willow, Bijoux, Greta, Estelle, Briar, Indigo, Paisley

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"