3rd Trimester

Do you have more road rage while pregnant?

Or not rage persay, but road anger?  All I know is, an 80 year old man cut me off today to the point I almost had to swerve off the highway.  I laid on my horn and flipped him off when he moved back over.  Mind you, there was no reason for him to get into my lane like that at all, but he nearly clipped my front bumper.  And no, I don't feel bad for flipping off an 80 year old man, he deserved it after that stunt.  But I rarely ever use my horn or flip off people, but he really pissed me off.  Grrrr.

Re: Do you have more road rage while pregnant?

• I have road rage anyway. But I think that, in general, my patience during pregnancy is not as good as usual!
  • My road rage hasn't been so bad; however in the grocery store if someone takes up the entire aisle with their cart, I could just about slam right into them!!  What's up with that?!  Move your damn cart over to the side!  Sorry, mini vent over...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I never had road rage pre-pg, but since the BFP, I am not longer allowed to go through a certain intersection in town.  DH forbids it because he's afraid I'm going to end up ramming one of the other cars.
  • ctanactana member
    I just have more rage in general.... Angry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, but my patience has worn thin in every department...not just road rage. I hate it! I feel so mean... :) I want to be pleasant again.. lol
  • I dropped off Lucnh for DH at work a few weeks ago, and as I was waiting to turn out of the parking lot, some jackass, hillbilly kid in a camo hat driving one of those GIGANTIC trucks with the big ass tires that keeps it about 8 feet off the ground almost boradsides me b/c his truck cant fit into his lane.

I threw my hands up in anger, so he backs up and asks if I have a problem. I tell him he almost hit me with his giant truck and tiny penis. He said something unintelligible along the lines of he was going back up and hit me, at which point I pointed out that I was pregnant and he could have that lawsuit if he chose. I then waved bye bye and drove away.

• I already have a bit of road rage without all the hormones, but it's definitely gotten worse!
  • I feel like I'm crazy sometimes!! I'm always yelling at the other drivers, because of course I never do anything wrong! lol...DH is always telling me I have horrible road rage!

• imagethatgirlang:
    I have road rage anyway. But I think that, in general, my patience during pregnancy is not as good as usual!

Ditto!!!

• I have road rage anyways....it's really bad.  I am fully convinced people are idiots and can not drive.  I am not a "flipper-offer" or horn blower, but I definitely completely lose it in the privacy of my car.  I hate driving.
  • imagemusicteacher84:
    however in the grocery store if someone takes up the entire aisle with their cart, I could just about slam right into them!!  What's up with that?!  Move your damn cart over to the side!  Sorry, mini vent over...

Yes!  Ditto this!  My road rage is a little worse than normal as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I just have more rage in general while pregnant. Angel
  • imageNavyPilotWife:

imagemusicteacher84:
    however in the grocery store if someone takes up the entire aisle with their cart, I could just about slam right into them!!  What's up with that?!  Move your damn cart over to the side!  Sorry, mini vent over...

Yes!  Ditto this!  My road rage is a little worse than normal as well.

Both of these.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have normal road rage anyway.

It flares up significantly when DS is in the car, though. 

• I have always had road anger!  My temper is really really short while I'm driving, but now that I'm pg it's 100 times worse.
  • LMAO...I'm laughing because I'm relieved I'm not the only one. I swear I feel like grabbing certain people by their hair, dragging them across the room and kicking their butt! I am soooo annoyed and angered by certain things now. I am 26 weeks pregnant and it's not getting any better. Oh and I feel jealous, where before I have never felt jealous! Wish I could control it more, but I seriously have never felt this way before with my other pregnancies. I had my other two boys in my early 20's and I'm 32 now prego with my 3rd (with a girl), is that it? The age? Is it because I'm having a girl? Ugh! Frustrated.
  • LMAO...I'm laughing because I'm relieved I'm not the only one. I swear I feel like grabbing certain people by their hair, dragging them across the room and kicking their butt! I am soooo annoyed and angered by certain things now. I am 26 weeks pregnant and it's not getting any better. Oh and I feel jealous, where before I have never felt jealous! Wish I could control it more, but I seriously have never felt this way before with my other pregnancies. I had my other two boys in my early 20's and I'm 32 now prego with my 3rd (with a girl), is that it? The age? Is it because I'm having a girl? Ugh! Frustrated.

You probably aren't going to get any responses since this post is over 4 years old.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Road rage, no.......but neighbor rage, yes.  My inconsiderate neighbor has yappy dogs that are a bit bothersome, but since getting pregnant I have literally been on my way over there screaming and my husband has had to pull me back.  It's the hormones?
  • Yes!! I am glad I am not alone! I live in Boston, so the drivers are generally very aggressive. Before I get in my car I have to remind myself that DS and his soon to be here sisters are my priority and to drive NICELY.
  • Jfila13 said:

Yes!! I am glad I am not alone! I live in Boston, so the drivers are generally very aggressive. Before I get in my car I have to remind myself that DS and his soon to be here sisters are my priority and to drive NICELY.

I also live in MA, this has been quite the challenge!!!
  • Ever since I had my son who is now 20 months old I'm very careful about my driving and drive like a grandma! My driving has sure changed since I have another life in my hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"