North Carolina Babies

Using Bumbo on high surfaces??

If you use your bumbo, do you put it on your table or counter? I just tried it yesterday so I could eat lunch, and today I put it on the counter to prep dinner. I feel as long as I am rightthere, it is ok.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Using Bumbo on high surfaces??

• We didn't.  It just made me WAY too nervous.  Eli learned quickly how to back flip out of it, so even when I was right there I just wasn't comfortable.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • "They" say not to for the obvious tumble risk.  I didn't have bumbo, but I did the same thing with a bouncy seat.  Sometimes you gotta break the rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't do it with the bumbo because Nora could fling herself out of it (despite her chubo thighs).  We always put the bouncy on things though... It was always on the couch.  I guess I felt safer with that bc she was strapped in.  Everyone will have a different opinion..

My friend used her bumbo as a high chair for her baby at our house.  She put it on a chair (with arms).

• We did it with the bouncy seat, just not the Bumbo.  And not because of the warnings per say, just our personal experience.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is what my gut is telling me, not to do it. Just these last two days she has wanted to be attached to me (she doesn't like to be worn), so it as the only way I could do anything. Ok...back to floor use only.
  • DS could do the back fling too easily and that made me worry about him falling onto the floor and it would have been worse on teh table. sorry she's been clingy!! maybe u can sit at the coffee table and eat with her sittingon the floor by u!!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • NO not in the bumbo...very dangerous. I would however but her in a bouncer seat,nd strapped in, on the coffee table or the countertops. But the bouncer seat has stoppers on the bottom that keep it from moving, and she's strapped into the seat so she can't get out.
  • I did, from time to time, when he was little enough I didn't worry about him tipping or trying to get out.  Like you, if I was *right* there.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"