Maryland Babies

GMBC Rec? Switching docs mid-pregnancy :(

I have been going to Women's Health Associates at St. Joseph Medical Center, and after a series of EXTREMELY disappointing experiences, I have decided to switch practices (and hospitals) altogether.

I am pretty sure I want to go with GBMC at this point. I have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Dominique Allen w/ Merryman & Allen, but I am wondering if anyone has other recommendations, or any feedback on Dr. Allen.

Please share your thoughts and experiences!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GMBC Rec? Switching docs mid-pregnancy :(

• I am seeing Dr. Joan Blomquist, who was my reg GYN.

This is my first baby though so I am not sure how delivery will be. I do like her and I also like the US facilities at GBMC. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Sandra Quartner is also at GBMC.  Her office is across the street from the hospital.  I've been seeing her for 12 years and she was my OB with my DD#1 and now with my LO due in July.  I love her!

• Loading the player...
  • I see Dr Weitz I really like her. ?She was reccommended to me by someone with 3 kids and high risk for her last LO. ?It was a pretty good rec in my opinion. ?I am really happy. ?
  • I got to Dr. Allen and LOVE her. ?She is great! ?I got lucky I guess with her. ?She has a great personality and she sat with me from 1am-4am while I was pushing and got to know her very well. ?She is a mother of two girls and has been through the whole pregnancy process before as a patient, not just a dr. ?I can't speak high enough of her. ?Let me know if you have any other questions about her. ?Even my husband thought she was great and he is hard to impress.
  • Charles St OBGYN - located at GBMC - they're an amazing group.  I see Dr. Robert Ottenritter.  Can't say enough great things about him.

Regardless of the DR - you can NOT go wrong with delivering at GBMC.  It was the BEST experience...

GL!

• I cant help you with thise hospitals but wanted to tell you that I switched half way through also.

My OB care was fine but I was supposed to deliver at Johns Hopkins Bayview. I heared several horror stories from different people about giving birth there ... mom and child almost died.. in 2 of the cases. Neatless to say, I did NOT want to go there.

At 16 weeks I switched to Dr. Rojas. Still Johns Hopkins but delivering at General Hospital of Howard County in Columbia. OMG, I can not rave enough about this doctor and the hospital was very good throughout my whole stay, The room service wasnt the best at taking orders but other than that it was great

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehdommy:
    I got to Dr. Allen and LOVE her.  She is great!  I got lucky I guess with her.  She has a great personality and she sat with me from 1am-4am while I was pushing and got to know her very well.  She is a mother of two girls and has been through the whole pregnancy process before as a patient, not just a dr.  I can't speak high enough of her.  Let me know if you have any other questions about her.  Even my husband thought she was great and he is hard to impress.

Thanks!  How did you feel about the other OB's in the practice?  Did you always see Dr. Allen, or do they switch you around each time?  

I can say that I already have a good impression; the secretary was so professional and pleasant when I explained my situation to her.  On the other hand, when I go to Women's Health Assoc, I feel as though I am going to the MVA with the sour attitudes of the office staff.  Not to mention, I think my prenatal care has been questionable so far.  They get a big thumbs down from me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagegenwebb:

?

Thanks!? How did you feel about the other OB's in the practice?? Did you always see Dr. Allen, or do they switch you around each time???

I can say that I already have a good impression; the secretary was so professional and pleasant when I explained my situation to her.? On the other hand, when I go to Women's Health Assoc, I feel as though I am going to the MVA with the sour attitudes of the office staff.? Not to mention, I think my prenatal care has been questionable so far.? They get a big thumbs down from me.

?

I love the office staff at Dr. Allen and Dr. Merryman. ?My husband's cousins wife has seen Merryman for years and speaks very highly of her (she is in her 40's). ?I only saw her twice, when Dr. Allen was on vacation, and when Dr. Allen was delivering a baby. ?Otherwise I saw Dr. Allen every single time I went in. ?I noticed when I called to set up my annual that a new Dr is in the practice, I have not met her yet, so I can't give you reviews on her. ?The office staff is great, I pretty much had the same nurse almost all the time, since I always went in on Monday's around 5pm, so we got to know each other very well. ?The office is very professional and will help you out with everything. ?I know I requested a letter to my gym to hold my membership at the end of my pregnancy and they wrote that, also a letter to ok me to fly at Christmas, and they would do whatever I asked for. ?Very helpful! ?Only a few times did I have to wait since Dr. Allen was over at labor and delievery, but I told my husband that could be us someday, that is just part of the job. ?I can't speak highly enough of her. ?I can't wait to go through the process again with her.

•  I know I'm late but DH and  I both LOVE Dr. Allen!! She is so helpful and makes DH feel important and answers all questions. I have been going to her for over 10 years and this is my first child.....I'm so happy and comfortable she is my doctor during this experience.
  • The only thing that I would be a little leery about at GBMC is that they have a very high c-section rate.  It is about 44%.   I know a lot of people though that have delivered there and loved it.  Just something to think about...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to Merryman in that practice and loved her! She has a little abrasive of a personality but she is still personable. Dr. Allen delivered my daughter 9via C-section, never dilated past 5cm after 16 hours) and we absolutely LOVED Dr. Allen. I never had problems getting appointments, I loved that they did ultrasounds in the office.
    Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking ~ Scarecrow
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"