San Diego Babies

SD Midwife w/ hospital privelages???

Does anyone have a recommendation for a midwife with hospital privelages or who works at a hospital?

Re: SD Midwife w/ hospital privelages???

• I think UCSD is the only place that allows midwives to have hospital priviledges.  That's why I switched from Mary Birch & plan on using UCSD's birth center.  The midwives I have seen so far (about 4 of them) ROCK!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm with Kaiser and a midwife delivered my baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! Look at "Best Start Birth Center" (located on 4th ave downtown san Diego).  They are AWESOME!! I had my first child there and will be having my second one there too due 1/27/10.

• imagechankins14:
    I think UCSD is the only place that allows midwives to have hospital priviledges.  That's why I switched from Mary Birch & plan on using UCSD's birth center.  The midwives I have seen so far (about 4 of them) ROCK!

imageLuvnMommy:

Hello! Look at "Best Start Birth Center" (located on 4th ave downtown san Diego).  They are AWESOME!! I had my first child there and will be having my second one there too due 1/27/10.

My sister in law is a midwife at UCSD and I am currently going to Best Start. I hope to deliver in a hospital (the SIL recommended Mary Birch to me instead of UCSD because you have more food service options and both her kids were born there). All 3 options sound great, but I will be looking at Mary Birch.

• There are many midwife options. 

Best Start is a birth center run by midwives that is not hospital related.  I have witnessed 3 births there (nephews) and they were wonderful.  Unfortunately management has changed and they now have a higher transfer rate. 

UCSD is the only hospital in San Diego with a birthing center.

Like pp said, apparently Kaiser has midwives.

I witnessed my SILs horrible birth experience at Mary Birch and I wouldn't recommend anybody to deliver there.  I do not believe that they have midwives and even though yes, the food is good, the care is horrible.

I am planning to do a home birth but am also receiving co-care with UCSD that way, if I can't handle it at home, my midwife can come with me to UCSD as my doula.

• I will not go to UCSD again, I had my first child there and it was bad. The interns that work on you mess up and it's okay because they're learning. They kept wanting me to take meds, and they gave my son a nipple and bottle when he was to breast feed first. If you do go there make sure your whole party knows what you want so the can tell/remind/yell at who ever is not following your wishes.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"