Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Mommies of boys - recircumcision

Anyone had to do this to their little guy?  DS's circumcision has never looked complete but up until now our ped. has told us that as it grows it will look more circumcised.  Well, it has stayed the same...maybe even gotten worse.  So at his 6 month appt. we are going to ask if he needs recircumcised.  Just curious if any other mommies had to have this done to their DS.  I really really really don't want to put him through it again. :(
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mommies of boys - recircumcision

• No, DS is uncircumcised.

But I just thought I'd mention that at this point, your DS would have to be put under full anesthesia, which is a whole different ballgame than the first time around. I'm sure your pedi mentioned this, though.

• Disclaimer: DS is not circumcised, but I am not against it at all. 

I am just curious why you would have it re-done? Does it really matter how it looks as long as it wasn't completely butchered? (There was a woman when I was on 1st tri who one of her twins had 1/3 of his penis cut off during his circ...that is what i mean by butchered, not just your everyday ugly penis)

I really am curious. Will the way it was done cause him pain/pulling? 

• Loading the player...
  • It's not an appearance issue for us...it's more of a hygiene issue.  We see several peds within the same practice and one of the male peds mentioned that DS's first circ. wasn't done right.  He actually seemed angry about it and wanted the name of my OB that did it.  He also told us that he has 3 sons, one of which had the same circ. problem and said that he has had problems with infection and pain.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was not recirumsized...but he wasn't circumsized at all until 6 months.  He had a hypospadias, so they waited until surgery to do the circumsision because they use the skin to correct the hypospadias.  Anyways, if your pedi decides it needs to be done I would do it as soon as possible.  He will have to be put under, but my DS had no complications and acted completely normal by day 2.  The worst part was that he couldn't go in the exersaucer/jumperoo for 2 weeks, or be carried around on my hip.  I have a friend whose DS had it redone at like age 5...it was not easy for him. 
  • I work in surgery and we do revisions of circs all the time.  They are put under full anesthesia.  I would have a Urologist perform the revision if you decide to do it.  Most Urologist I work with recommend not having a baby circumcised until the age of two due to the fact that alot of OB's don't perform them correctly.  GL!
  • Do you mean they left a lot of skin? It still has TONS of time to grow- I see lots of babies with redundant skin and they will eventually stretch out and the skin will look fine. DS has a little bit, but I would never consider putting him under general anesthesia for that.

<<<--- just glad that pediatricians do circs here in SC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad to hear that we're not alone!  My son will probably need his redone at some point but right now we're in a "wait and see" position.  My poor little guy has a bit of an innie because he's soooo chunky.  My ped says they wouldn't recommend doing anything until he's older mainly because he'll need put under.  So we're just hoping that when his innie comes out it'll look better! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"