1st Trimester

Did anyone have an ultrasound around 6 - 6 1/2 weeks?

If so and you were able to see the baby's heart beat do you remember what it was?  I know it's early still and not everyone can even see it at that point.

I had one done at 6w1d and the heart rate was around 107-110 beats per minute.  The tech told me this was fine and I looked it up online where it said the average for under 6.3 weeks was 90-110 bpm.  Yet when I saw my regular OB today she told me that rate is on the low side of normal and they need to send me for a follow up u/s next week.  I go Monday at 8am. 

I'm trying not to worry but of course I am.  I've had off and on again light brown spotting and now this doesn't ease my mind.  And to top it off they had to call it a "viability" u/s when the hospital called to set it up.  :(

Re: Did anyone have an ultrasound around 6 - 6 1/2 weeks?

• I had one at 5w6d but the couldn't tell me how many bpm it was. I have heard of a TON of low heart rates during the 6 week u/s that turn out just fine!
  • my dr sent me for an us at 6w4d since i had some spotting.  the baby's heart beat was at 122 which they said is good.  your baby's hb might have been on the lower side since it's still fairly early.  good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • yeah I had m u/s at 6w3d and the heartbeat was 109.  They said it was on the low side but nothing to worry about.  I feel fine with very minimal cramping and no spotting so if my doctor isn?t worried then neither am I.

• I had a U/S at 6w5d and the heart rate was 127.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Our first ultrasound was at 6 weeks, 3 days. We saw the heartbeat, but they didn't measure the heart rate.

Re: your baby's heart rate -- I would try not to worry, although I know it's hard. I think the important thing this early on is just that they saw the heart beat, especially since babies develop at different rates. I hope your next ultrasound shows everything is fine.

• I had one at 6 weeks. We saw the heart beat, but did not get a bmp rating. In fact, I have never gotten one! Maybe at my next 14 week appointment.?

GL. ?

• I had one at 6w2d and the hb was 122- try not to worry and GL!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had one at 6w3d and it was 120 and they said that was normal.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Me:  37   DH:  39   DS:  4
    TTC #2 - Experienced Miscarraige on 3/5/13, DnC on 3/11/13

• I had one at 6w4d and it was 127.  I also had a ton of red bleeding that day.  GL!
  • Went in at 6w4d by ovulation, measured 6w even, h/r was 111 bpm.  Tech said that was perfect, which is the same as I've seen online.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• I think ours was somewhere in the 130's. Not sure though.
    2 girls and a dog
  • That sounds perfectly normal to me.  At 6w3d, twin b was 118 bpm.  One week later, it had gone up to 160 bpm.
    IVF #1 = BFP on 5/2009
    FET #1 = BFP on 5/2011
  • I had one at 6.5 weeks and we could see the heart rate it was 116bmp which made me worried because it seemed so low. But my doctor assured me that the heart rate increases at something like 3.3beats per min a day or something like that ( I don't know the exact statistic)

They did a follow up US last week and it was all normal, and we could see the limbs too! Hope that helps

Good luck!

~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my u/s at 6w5d and we saw the heartbeat and it was 121bpm
  • We had one at 6 weeks 3 days and ours was 117 and we were told that was perfectly normal. We went back last Wednesday and it was at 168...I wouldn't worry too much...your number seems normal from what I've read. GL!!
  • I was 6 weeks when i first went in for my u/s. They DID not see a heart beat...just the gestational sac. but when i went back a week later...there the little heart was just beating away!

• mooetamooeta member
    my LO's heartbeat at 6w3d was 103 and my RE said it was fine and released me to my OB for care. 
  • I had the light brown spotting between weeks 6 and 8 that you are describing.  I also had strong pinching on left side.  This all scared me to death.  Doctor confirmed it was implantation bleeding and the placenta is forming on the left so that is why I had the pinching. 

The first u/s at 6w1d showed the heartbeat at 109 bmp and then a second u/s at 6w5d showed a heartbeat of 125.  Both are normal b/c the heart is still developing and rates can vary in the early weeks.

Try to relax and trust in your body - although I know how hard that can be!

Best of luck w/ your next u/s.

• I had one and it was 123 bpm at 6w 2d
  • I had one at 5w4d and we saw the hb but didnt get the rate. ?I had another at 7w2d and they got the heart rate then. ?GL
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • I had one at 6w1d.  Heartbeat was good, actually around 100 I think, and my doctor was pleased with that.
  • I had one around 6w and it was 119.  At 8w0d it was 150 and at my last appointment at 12w0d it was 155-160 (and on my doppler at home this weekend).
  • I had 1 at 6wks 1 day and it was 122.  Today I had another one at 6wks 5 days and it was 136.  (I have had several u/s due to bleeding.)
  • With my first, I got one at 6w4d and the heart rate was 103bpm. They said that was just fine. And, as you can see, he turned out just fine, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"