Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Co-sleepers come in!

My son recently started sleeping with us all night because i was tired of not getting any sleep with him waking 4-5 times a night in his crib. ?Before the all nighters with us, when he woke at 5 am i would bring him to bed with us. ?He sleeps ALL through the night when he is with us. ?I fill like I am failing because he is not in his crib all night. ?Just wondering what your experiences have been with co-sleeping. ?How long have you done it, and when do plan on transitioning into the crib. ?Thanks!

Re: Co-sleepers come in!

• Options
    You have to do what's best for your family.  If he sleeps better in your bed then you should all get rest. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our son has slept in our bed every single night since he was born. It  works for us. He has been a great sleeper and we don't want to mess with something that is working. In the next 3-4 months, we plan to start transitioning him to a toddler bed. You are not failing. He will sleep on his own when he is ready. The frequent waking was him trying to tell you hes not. Dr. Sears (both the website and his books) have some great (reassuring) information about cosleeping and the transition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS slept with us until about 3 weeks ago. He had been getting more and more wiggly and DH and I weren't getting any sleep anymore. It was a long and slow transition for him because he'd never slept in the crib before. The best advice that I can give you is to take it slowly and consider moving the crib into your room (for at least until you have him STTN).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

imageutgirl2:
    .  Before the all nighters with us, when he woke at 5 am i would bring him to bed with us.  He sleeps ALL through the night when he is with us.  

This is what we do now. I can only get him to fall asleep in hid crib though. We have to just let him fuss till he does go to sleep. Then he wakes about about 4 or 5 and we bring him in with us. I feel bad sometimes too but I can not wake up at 4am everyday and try to put him back to sleep in his crib. It would take forever so I bring him in with us and he passes right out. He sleeps from 9 to 9 though.

I love my crazy child!

My Bio

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker college mom
  • Options
    We've been co-sleeping for over 1 year now.  DD starting sleeping for 10 - 11 hours at about 10 weeks old.  WIth BFing and then going back to work, it was very convenient and it really is what we wanted to do.  We probably won't start transitioning her for at least another 6 months - 1 year.   
  • Options
    We co-slept with DD until she was four months old.  She then slept in her crib from four months to 10 months, at which point we moved her back into our because (like you) I was really tired of getting up so many times at night.  She is STTN in our bed now and I have no idea when I'll transition her again.  We're all sleeping well and I hate to mess with something that works.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If you, DH, and DC are happy with the situation, you are not putting him at any sort of disadvantage by letting him sleep in your bed. If it works for your family then it's a great choice. Enjoy the rest!
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"