Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C tomorrow night

I'm really nervous about it. I've never been to the hospital for anything much less surgery. I would appriciate any prayers and good thoughts. I don't write much on this board but I'm lurking everyday. It's really helped to not feel so alone and lost in the middle of this horrible process.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: D&C tomorrow night

• My D&C was very quick and easy.  When I woke up they gave me grahm crackers and ice cream.... and percocet- but I didnt really need it.  Good luck with your procedure tomorrow, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  ((BIG HUGS))

Please update us when you are feeling up to it so we know you are doing well.

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in the hospital miscarrying about 24 hours before they went ahead and performed the D&C.  Compared to the actual miscarriage (cramping, bleeding excessively), the D&C was fine.  I was painful for about 2 days afterward, and then things started to get back to normal.  I was at work 3 days afterward.  There are just the usual annoying hospital things that you have to endure - blood draws, IV's, etc. 

I am so very sorry for you loss and wishing the best for you tomorrow night.  Take care of yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just had a d&c on Thursday.  Like you, I had never had any sort of surgery or been under anesthesia before.  I was feeling really nervous too, but it wasn't as bad as I was worried about. 

It'll be hard just because this is such a crummy thing to go through.  But the process itself isn't all that bad.  It was over before I knew it, I felt fine besides a little cramping and that emotional ache that is there regardless.

I'm sorry you're going through this :(   ((hugs))

• I was very nervous also when I went in for my first one.  It is quite quick and easy though.  Just rest before and after.
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
  • i concur with what the other girls said... it's a very quick procedure. i know i was freakng out about being under general anesthesia, and would it make me sick and would i have to have a tube down my throat.... and neither happened.

what i was not prepared for, however, was to pee in a cup. that was the hardest part for me because i have an exceptionally shy bladder and i hadn't had anything to eat or drink in the 12 hrours preceding the d&c. however, the staff was so nice and comforting that it didn't even matter to them, and eventually i relaxed enough to go. for me, after i got through that i figured i could get through anything...

• I will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes smoothly.

?

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • No worries.  I had my D&C on Thursday and it was only my second time for surgery.  Everything went well...I remember asking the nurse, "It's over already?" and he said, "Yes, you're in recovery."   Next thing I knew, I was munching on pound cake and cranberry juice and DH was there by my side.  Cramping & bleeding have been minimal and I've barely needed the Motrin.  The first 2 days I was pretty tired (probably more emotionally than physically), but by Saturday I felt much better.

Good luck and let us know how you are feeling.  And so sorry for your loss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"