Babies: 9 - 12 Months

So sick of this %&^$ anxiety!

Just venting b/c, yet again, I can't fall and stay asleep.  I never had this problem before I got pregnant.  I'll feel fine one second, but the next I'm sweating, my heart is racing, I'm short of breath, and I just feel scared.  I hate it!  I'm seeing a therapist to help figure out triggers and how to manage this and I feel like I've made some good changes in how I deal with stress, but the anxiety just won't go away.  I took Lexapro for a couple of days, but it just exaggerated my symptoms.  I know it takes a few days to get used to the meds, but I felt so awful. I'm seeing my dr again tomorrow to talk about options, but I'm just scared that this is never going to go away.  I want to feel like "me" again.  I want to stop feeling scared all the time. : (

Re: So sick of this %&^$ anxiety!

• I'm sorry. I suffer from anxiety too, and it's no fun at all. I hope you are able to figure out a treatment plan that helps you feel better.
    DD (8), DS (5), DD (3)
    baby #4 due March '17!
  • Elana71Elana71 member

I have really bad anxiety as well but I am now on meds again. I wasn't on anything while pregnant.

What would help me is getting a cold compress and putting it on my neck. I also took a relaxation class which had us focus on each part of our body at a time. From your left big toe to the next toe to the next and all of the way up to your head. While you are thinking about each part think about how it feels. I know it sounds weird but it is really to distract you and have you focus on something other than how you are feeling anxious.

I hope this helps a little. Good Luck. If you want to talk more, feel free to page me.

• Loading the player...
  • I had really bad health anxieties ( almost hypochondria ) two years ago and what helped me was keeping a journal.  I would write down all of my fears and than later go back and read it.  Soon I realized how many of my fears were unfounded and I remembered thinking, " Hmm that's right I was really scared about that a few months ago but now I am not at all, maybe this new fear will go away eventually too."
  • i have been there. i hope your dr and therapist can help you make some progress with this.  i am thinking of trying a therapist for the first time because after years of trying to manage it myself, i think i am missing a key component to understanding why this happens.  gl and i hope you can relax soon.
  • I am right there with you. I also never had any issues with anxiety before DD, but now its crazy!

About a month ago, I went to see my PCP because it was really affecting my day to day life. I also wasn't falling asleep easily, and then wouldn't sleep all night either. I also felt anxious alot, like many times a day, especially at night.

My PCP has me trying some zoloft. The first week on it was pretty terrible. I would wake up one day feeling completely void of any emotion whatsoever. The next day, I would feel severely depressed. After the first week though, things got better. Now, in the past few days I have been feeling some small episodes of anxiety again. They aren't as strong as they were before the zoloft, but I think they have the potential to be if they continue much longer.

Fortunately, I go to see my PCP again in a week. At that time I plan to discuss what other options are available, and also see if increasing my dose would help at all.

I really hate feeling anxious all the time. I know when I get to feeling anxious, I have to find something to keep my mind busy so I don't dwell on the feelings. Alot of times, when I'm trying to fall asleep and start to feel anxious, I have to find a book to read, as that seems to be the only thing that calms my mind enough to allow me to fall asleep.

GL with your treatment. I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I hope to have some resolution myself sometime soon. 

• By the way, I was on Lexapro about 6 years ago and it really didn't help. You should talk to your Dr. about trying an anti-anxiety medication. Maybe a Valium, Ativan, Xanax so you won't have to take it all of the time. So, when the anxiety comes on you can take it. Or maybe something like Klonopin which you take every day as a preventative.  I am actually on Klonopin. It is a G-dsend. Good Luck.
  • Thanks for the feedback/support!  Anyone try herbal supplements?  I did a bunch of reading last night that talked about magnesium and b vitamins. Similasan has a new all natural anti anxiety relief supplement as well.  I know that herbal stuff isn't always the safest though.  Maybe I'll mention it to my doc today.  Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"