Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Would you be annoyed

A relative on DH side is having a baby and a group of family members (including me) chipped in to buy a double stroller. This was months ago and I know it must have been shipped and she has not even acknowledged that we went in on it. She did not send a thank-you, email or anything. I think that is rude and have been tempted to send a text or something asking if she got the stroller. Wouldn't you be annoyed too?

Re: Would you be annoyed

• Not acknowledging is tacky. She should have sent Thank you's to everyone who chipped in. Did any of the gift-givers hear from her?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never had that happen!  How odd, I probably would be annoyed.  You should write her an email saying "I never heard anything from you and am soooo worried you didn't get a special something the girls and I sent you!" That should give her the hint Wink
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if the others were thanked properly and don't see them to ask them. She knew we were going in on it and picked it out online herself. I am still stewing...

• Eh... I'm going to buck the trend (kind of) and say "it depends."  If I were way pregnant and had another child that still needed to be strollered I can see being stressed out and not on top of stuff.  It might take her a few weeks to get around to sending a thank you card, kwim? 

I would be tempted to check with the merchant you bought the stroller from to make sure it *did* actually ship (it could have been back ordered or something) and then cut her some slack when it comes to the normal timeline for thank you notes. 

• imagedt5570:

I don't know if the others were thanked properly and don't see them to ask them. She knew we were going in on it and picked it out online herself. I am still stewing...

Well, since it was purchased months ago, you should def. check and make sure it shipped. If it did, email the other gift givers and see if they heard. You never know, it isn't likely but maybe your thank you got lost in the mail. If it did in fact get to her months ago, and she never acknowledged, then yes, I'd be annoyed. Imo, no one is that busy that they can't send a simple thank you note for a generous gift at any point over a month's (or longer) time. Or at least call or email.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The others are closer to her and see her often so I am guessing she thanked them in person at least. I know she must have gotten it because it was ordered in March I think and was shipping immediately. I am thinking I may email her to see if it came (she knows I didn't order it) and she will probably thank me in a follow up email but I am just one who writes thank yous very quickly and feels a gift-big or small-should be acknowledged.
  • imagegoodtobethelarkster:

Eh... I'm going to buck the trend (kind of) and say "it depends."  If I were way pregnant and had another child that still needed to be strollered I can see being stressed out and not on top of stuff.  It might take her a few weeks to get around to sending a thank you card, kwim? 

I'm with Larks on this one. If you feel really peeved about it, you could probably get away with a mild "hey, just wanted to make sure it got to you" email. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"