3rd Trimester

How soon do you plan to fly?

I am going to take the baby to my hometown (4 hour flight) to see my family, spend a few weeks, throw my BFF a bridal shower, etc.  I was thinking about going for about 3 weeks at the 6-8 week mark.

Do you have plans to travel with the baby? When do you plan to travel?

Re: How soon do you plan to fly?

• I myself will NOT fly. I don't like heights and I have a strong appreciation for gravity. Therefore, baby will not fly either. :)
  • I flew at 5 weeks with DD and then twice more before she was 4 months

?

?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going to Hawaii when she is about 6 months- this will be her first flight
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will be flying within the first three months. We are planning on moving to Canada so while DH drives the U-Haul across the US and up to ON, I'll be flying with the baby.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • imageagmaso:

I flew at 5 weeks with DD and then twice more before she was 4 months

How was the trip at 5 weeks? Any advice?

• We'll be flying from Vegas to Providence in mid-Sept for my cousin's wedding.  I'm due July 6th, so I guess that will make the baby about 2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • imageMrs.Veldy:
    imageagmaso:

?

?

?

Out of the 15 times DD has been on a plane, that trip was the easiest. I was by myself so a little scared but she fell asleep before take off and slept right through everything else including landing.?

She was a lap baby but take your travel system all the way to the gate and ask if there are any empty seats on the plane. They will let you bring the carseat aboard and put it in the seat so you can have your hands free. That's how DD flew back on that trip :)

Make sure you have either a bottle, paci or boob ready since some babies do get bothered by the take off and landing but honestly, at that age they are really the easiest to travel with.

?Don't overpack for the plane. Not sure how long your trip is but even on our longest (4.5 hrs) flight we didn't use anything other then diapers, paci, blanket, food and a toy (she was almost 8 months on that one).

I would recommend packing just one larger bag and put everything in it. I don't even bring a purse on the plane, just the one bag.

Oh, and I tend to have a baby carrier handy. it's useful once they are out of the infant seat and you want to bring your convertible on board or if the baby is just having one of those moments and it needs to be held (the carrier also folds in the bag)

You will be all right and I'm sure the trip will be so worth it :) . Let me know if you have any questions.

?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will be flying to Germany to visit my parents when LO is 5 months old.  Hopefully the flight and jetlag won't be too bad.
  • imageagmaso:
    imageMrs.Veldy:
    imageagmaso:

Out of the 15 times DD has been on a plane, that trip was the easiest. I was by myself so a little scared but she fell asleep before take off and slept right through everything else including landing. 

She was a lap baby but take your travel system all the way to the gate and ask if there are any empty seats on the plane. They will let you bring the carseat aboard and put it in the seat so you can have your hands free. That's how DD flew back on that trip :)

Make sure you have either a bottle, paci or boob ready since some babies do get bothered by the take off and landing but honestly, at that age they are really the easiest to travel with.

Don't overpack for the plane. Not sure how long your trip is but even on our longest (4.5 hrs) flight we didn't use anything other then diapers, paci, blanket, food and a toy (she was almost 8 months on that one).

I would recommend packing just one larger bag and put everything in it. I don't even bring a purse on the plane, just the one bag.

Oh, and I tend to have a baby carrier handy. it's useful once they are out of the infant seat and you want to bring your convertible on board or if the baby is just having one of those moments and it needs to be held (the carrier also folds in the bag)

You will be all right and I'm sure the trip will be so worth it :) . Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

• Um. Going to India about 2 months after baby (could be earlier).
  • You're welcome :)
  • imageMadyson2006:
    Um. Going to India about 2 months after baby (could be earlier).

wow, you've got even me beat! I'm flying to Armenia 6-8 weeks after and I thought that was a long flight!

• we are flying to my parents when he will be approx. 6 weeks old and staying for almost three weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"